IT Systems Engineer
Ride Connection is looking for a collaborative, detail oriented, investigative minded lifelong learner to join our IT department as a Systems Engineer.
This IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for creating scripts using MS technology to migrate data from different data sources to an Azure Sequel server. They will also be responsible for a reporting platform in Power BI, as well as help with Share Point and Teams administration. The IT Systems Engineer reports to the IT Director.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting salary of $71,884 – $89,918 annually. Ride Connection offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 employer contribution, 14 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and TriMet annual public transportation passes.
Who You Are
- You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate
- You enjoy working with both a team and independently so that projects run smoothly, and the job gets done.
- You excel at breaking down terminology, details, and processes and translating them into digestible nuggets that almost everyone can understand – and you’re more than willing to break things down even more if need be.
- You are a regular Sherlock/Enola Holmes when it comes to solving riddles. You can generally put on your hounds-tooth hat, pull out your magnifying glass, and figure out how disconnected bits of information can be put together to form a complete story.
- You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple projects with multiple timelines. You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual and team projects.
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone.
- You are known for your eye for detail. Double-checking and triple-checking are a part of how you operate.
- You are a lifelong learner and have a knack for quickly learning new technology and the ins and outs of new programs – but you’re not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance of others.
- You are a proactive problem-solver and are keen on planning and creating processes that respond to or prevent future issues that may arise.
- You do your work through an equity lens.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, implement, maintain, and support Ride Connection’s mission-critical data tracking and reporting systems
- Meet business requirements through querying of large datasets, transforming them into meaningful reporting deliverables
- Resolve and/or report data integrity issues, report and track system errors, conduct user acceptance testing
- Identify downstream effects caused by data integrity issues, user error, and recommend process improvements
- Create and maintain ‘data dictionary’ for use by multiple departments
- Perform data manipulation tasks such as data cleaning, labeling, and analysis
- Participate in special projects and internal process improvements
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Provide technology support for staff to maintain business continuity
- Represent Ride Connection in a professional manner to our service partners, our funders, and the community
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent in education and experience
- Strong IT systems and database knowledge (i.e.: SQL; database design, normalization, and management)
- Working knowledge of:
- Software engineering principles, networking concepts and technologies, Operating Systems technologies, and Security concepts
- Development of technical plans and recommendations
- Web-based application development
- Windows and Linux/Unix development environments
- GIS tools (ArcGIS, Google Earth, Google Maps) and location-aware technologies
- VB.NET, C#
- Rest API Data Interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Relational database management tools (MS SQL Server, MS Access, Postgres)
- Microsoft Reporting Services, MS Access, Crystal Reports, or other similar reporting tools
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Data extraction, presentation, and visualization
- Business analysis, business management data systems, IT risk management, project management and technical problem resolution
- Proficient with data mining, performance metrics and reporting, vendor management, change management and report writing
- Systems knowledge, documentation and methodical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
- Experience working with demand-responsive transportation or transit-related technology a plus
- Ability to work with moderate supervision and some independent decision making·
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via Indeed or to our website.
Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About Ride Connection
Ride Connection is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The Ride Connection network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.
Location: 9955 NE Glisan St. Portland, OR 97220, Portland, OR 97220
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $71,884.00 – $89,918.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ride Connection does have a vaccine mandate in place.
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.