The J.P. Morgan Wealth Management Digital Planning team develops industry-leading solutions that enable wealth management clients to understand how their wealth is doing and how they can achieve their wealth goals through actionable plans and ongoing, personalized support, with or without an advisor. The team is charged with creating a fully integrated, elegant and seamless end-to-end experience for clients and advisors across the Aspiring Affluent, Established, and High Net Worth client segments. We build the strategic vision and lead the development of products and solutions. Our strategy is to create solutions that deepen client and advisor engagement, increase scale and profitability, attract new clients and drive advisor productivity.
The Wealth Management Digital Planning team is seeking a highly effective and innovative Product Manager to lead the rapidly growing product development of end-to-end capabilities within the JPMWM organization. They will be responsible for the strategic development and ongoing management of new tools and experiences to help clients: understand how their wealth is doing, articulate wealth goals, set a path to achievement, track progress, and adjust as needed with ongoing digital / advisor support.
In this role, the candidate will drive the realization of a product that transforms the wealth planning experience for both clients and advisors. The candidate will create intuitive, collaborative and goals-based planning capabilities that surpass those offered by competitors. The candidate will also facilitate customer experience integrations with the broader Digital ecosystem, including account opening and collaboration tools. The resultant wealth planning engine and features will accelerate JPMWM client acquisition, drive relationship value and increase advisor productivity.
The desired candidate will partner across the business to execute on an ever-evolving roadmap to drive business objectives forward as well as keep JPMorgan Chase at the forefront of the rapidly changing financial technology landscape. They will help lead cross-functional teams of core engineering, design and business partners from across the firm to deliver comprehensive features and experiences to market.
A successful candidate will be outcomes-focused with a practical orientation toward developing and maintaining an innovation lifecycle product roadmap. They will have an agile mindset and a management style that fosters teamwork and collaboration. The applicant should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, outstanding analytical and research skills, and a passion for digital channels.
- Client facing UI product knowledge to drive the build-out of the product roadmap
- Partner across the firm’s WM businesses to help lead the build-out of the product roadmap and feature set, with a focus on ensuring the firm stays on the leading edge of digital capabilities
- Work closely with business, design, research, marketing, and technology teams in developing a cohesive journey that delivers the best products for our customers
- Engage closely with stakeholders to define a roadmap that addresses business and consumer needs while meeting critical deadlines and overcoming budget constraints. Build relationships at high levels to recruit buy-in and increase probability of success
- Leverage user-centered design principles to define product initiatives for new features and optimizations of existing ones, incorporating them into product roadmaps
- Define new product and feature business cases, working collaboratively with business, engineering and design teams to ensure a unified product landscape
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, workflows, detailed business requirements, use cases and other materials as needed to support design, development and infrastructure
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, competitive and market analysis, and company goals to drive prioritization of product initiatives
- Track and manage business case metrics and financial planning models ensuring that product delivery stays on track and on budget
- Prepare executive product updates inclusive of current production metrics, new feature delivery planning and financial forecasting
- Embody true “customer-obsession” in identifying and leveraging user data, industry trends and varying forms of customer and advisor feedback to shape design and roadmap
- Partner with Technology, Strategy and FinTech engagement teams to conduct comprehensive analysis when required
- Customer-facing User Interface product experience
- 4+ years of experience in financial services, preferably with experience in wealth management, financial planning, asset management, digital banking, or a closely related business managing strategic or transformational change
- Experience managing product delivery across multiple work streams with varying timelines, priorities and complexities, ultimately launching new / enhanced product to market
- Strong understanding of, or experience working with, an Agile development framework
- Demonstrable experience authoring business requirements, defining user stories and execution, including bringing together cross-functional teams within an Agile development framework
- Experience in defining and building out a product roadmap, prioritizing projects according to business need and producing business models
- Ability to execute via successful internal partnerships with other organizations. Adept at influencing peers with diverse points of view and building consensus.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator with excellent written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with ability to remain composed under pressure and excel during periods of ambiguity
- Commitment and self-motivation suitable to a start-up team in a large organization
- Subject matter expertise around wealth management and/or personal finance desired
- M.B.A. or graduate degree in relevant field desired
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans