Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
JAVA Software Engineering Manager
Overview of Position
JAVA Software Engineering Manager (Remote) is a senior level position working in a diverse environment and utilize their skills to analyze and solve issues. In addition, to collaborate with others within and outside the team. A multitude of opportunities exist to further career goals. Software Engineers III are a key position within the software development organization. This role requires excellent programming, mentoring and leadership skills. Candidates in this position are groomed for future leadership or architect positions within the organization. Produces commercial software components/services/solutions, execute moderate complexity software engineering assignments when provided high level business requirements and technical design guidelines from an architect with minimal supervision
Location: Remote/ Tele commuter
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Mastery of Java technologies
- Spring Framework
- Java Swing
- Spring boot
- Oracle RDBMS and SQL syntax
- React or Angular
- GitLab, Git, Jira, Jenkins,
- Octopus, Ansible
- A mastery of and extensive experience with Object Oriented Design Patterns and their application in enterprise software applications
- Extensive experience developing web services
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities
- Demonstrated ability of developing software components with no guidance
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Must have a basic aptitude for programming and analytical thinking
- Must have strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specifications
- Ability to write software code according to published standards and industry best practices
- A commitment to quality
- Demonstrated ability to function in a highly agile team environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to Think creatively and demonstrated good judgement
- Strong Trouble shooting skills.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independent with minimum supervision.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.