Happy Cooking Hospitality operates several restaurants based in New York City that share a passion for food, drink and hospitality by creating environments that feel like coming home. Founded by Gabriel Stulman in 2009, Happy Cooking includes popular Manhattan restaurants Joseph Leonard, Jeffrey’s Grocery, Fairfax and Jolene.
We are looking to add a West Village based full time Junior Accountant to our team. Our ideal candidate is a team player who displays a strong work ethic and positive attitude, is highly detail oriented, able to work efficiently under time constraints and exhibits a desire to build towards new challenges and responsibilities.
The Junior Accountant reports directly to the Director of Finance, and there is room for additional responsibilities within the role. Finance management, payroll management and analytical reporting are carried out by this Finance Team of two people, with constant interaction with all restaurant leadership through various administrative and reporting functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Weekly reconciliations and data entry, including restaurant sales, invoices and other activity.
- Owning Accounts Payable operations and vendor relationships.
- Assisting with and administering restaurant level payroll.
- Preparing analyses of operational data to help management make decisions.
- HR administration including employee onboarding.
- Managing company administrative items such as utilities, permits, licenses and renewals.
- Filing finance paperwork, mailing vendor payments, and reviewing restaurant mail.
- Experience in bookkeeping or finance management is essential.
- Mastery of verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to identify areas of concern and facilitate problem solving in the course of day-to-day work.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience in hospitality preferred but not required.
- Medical insurance with a 50% contribution from the company.
- Dental and vision insurance plan.
- 10 days of paid time off which increases over time.
- A commuter benefits program.
- Discounts across the restaurants.
- The opportunity to work with a wonderful restaurant community, where you are encouraged to become part of the restaurant family.
This is a full time, salaried position.
Greetings are essential to great hospitality. When applying, please take the time to introduce yourself along with your resume. Looking forward to meeting you!
If you’re interested in learning more about our group of restaurants, we encourage you to visit www.happycookingnyc.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All employees of Happy Cooking Hospitality are required to have been vaccinated against Covid-19, included a booster shot.
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.