Work alongside our Director of Recreation to develop, implement, and supervise the programs and activities of the facility’s recreation department. Provide ongoing programs that promote inclusiveness and enrich the lives of our residents. Maintain a recreational program that is tailored to meet the spiritual, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of each of our residents. Direct coordination and engagement with residents of our Memory Unit. The Assistant Director of Recreation is responsible for assisting in the hiring process and helping to ensure that all staff/volunteers are properly trained to provide clinical, and high-quality recreational services. The ability to speak, read, and write Chinese, Mandarin, or Korean is required for this position.
- Help develop and implement recreational programs that meet the cognitive, emotional, spiritual, and physical needs of our residents to help provide enrichment in their day-to-day activities.
- Assist the Director of Recreation in the implementation and supervision of all of recreational activities to ensure that our residents receive the full range of the services we provide.
- Assist the Director of Recreation in hiring, training, and supervising staff/volunteers and ensuring that they are adequately qualified to maintain our high standards of care.
- Review, adjust, and maintain policy that remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Help plan and implement an activity schedule that is targeted towards residents of our Memory Unit while directly working on this unique unit.
- Conduct evaluations of recreation staff and programs to ensure that the resident’s daily lives are being enriched by the activities being offered.
- Assist the Director of Recreation with MDS, care planning, and discharge planning.
- Track recreation inventory and order additional supplies to effectively conduct the programs that are offered.
- Ensure that the facility is properly decorated based on the current holiday/season.
- Will adhere to all facility policies and procedures.
Salary: $37,000 – $60,000 based on experience and qualifications
Shift Type: Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm; Must be able to work evening, night, or weekend shifts as needed.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Speak, read, and write Chinese, Mandarin, and/or Korean required.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Excellent leadership, team-building, and supervision skills to help keep staff motivated and on track to provide stellar services to our residents.
- Must be timely and enjoy working with senior residents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.