Have you pulled off many successful landscapes and/or construction projects over the years? Do you have residential landscape and manager experience and love the idea of working alongside and mentoring a small team? Does the idea of stepping back at the end of the day and admiring what you and your team accomplished excite you?
If so, you should consider joining our team as a Landscape Construction Production Manager. Our hard-working team needs your leadership skills and hard work ethic to become more successful.
Borst Landscape & Design is a nationally-recognized, award-winning, full-service landscape design company in Bergen County, New Jersey. We are currently looking for a full time Landscape Construction Production Manager to join our team.
The key responsibility of this position will be to manage and supervise multiple projects from start to finish. The Production Manager will be responsible for managing staff, adhering to schedules, and budgets in order to deliver a well-built project on time and within a budget. This is a hands-on management position requiring excellent organizational skills and a fundamental understanding of the landscape construction industry. Project types include small and large residential and a few commercial landscapes, incorporating decks, pools, masonry walls and pavements, planting, lights, and hardscapes.
Responsibilities could include…
- Must possess Site Elevation Knowledge and be able to participate in all job functions including but not limited to; plan reading, flower and plant installation, patio and hardscape install, grating and site work.
- Oversee the scheduling and overall construction of projects including the coordination of all materials, staff, equipment, and subcontractors required to produce a quality job and to maximize efficiency and gauge progress.
- Review construction packages (contract, budget, drawings, and schedule) prior to beginning construction. Identify and request additional information needed for construction. Distribute and maintain construction package until project completion.
- Must possess the ability to think forward, make decisions as well as identifying and solving problems, while supervising a team of 10-12.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and strategies for organizing all scopes, people, material, tools, and equipment for multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work with minimal supervision in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Communicate with client about work orders and job details, assuring that our customers receive an exceptional Borst experience
- Fundamental computer skills of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), smartphones and tablets.
- Great communication skills – Ensure that managers and other relevant parties are kept informed of the potential for significant changes – unexpected delays or outcomes, or changes in resource requirements.
- Assuring that projects and contracts are completed efficiently and to the highest standards
- Training, mentoring, and growing the staff assigned to complete landscape projects and maintain portfolio properties.
- MUST have a valid NJ driver’s license.
- 3+ years of prior landscape construction experience required
- English is required, Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Must be able to lift 80 lbs.
- Must have previous Leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge of landscape construction processes, hardscapes, and horticulture.
- Must possess the skills to operate and train other team members on utilizing equipment necessary to perform job duties.
- Plow and snow removal is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job; other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Borst Landscape Employees Enjoy:
- Hourly Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Company Car
- Investments Plans
- Stable & Steady Employment Year-Round.
- M/F EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.