The world of working and learning has changed. This is your opportunity to be a part of a brand transformation and growth strategy within the retail industry. Staples is helping our customers and community discover innovative products, services, and inspiration that unlocks what is possible, while empowering you to unlock your potential. Our people are the heart of our success and there has never been a better time to join us as we lead the way in a new era of working and learning.
As the Lead Content Creator, reporting to the CD content you are a storyteller to the core, — a senior-level motion graphics designer, videographer, director, and editor with a deep knowledge of all thing’s social media. They are an avid consumer of content, on top of the latest digital and industry trends and passionate about producing engaging, innovative creative that connects with audiences and aligns with our brand. You will collaborate with marketing and creative team partners to research, concept, produce, edit, and execute a wide variety of content, including but not limited to videos, social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat), site, email, infographics, in-store experiences, and new innovative marketing opportunities.
Get great perks.
- Bonus plan and Generous amount of paid time off
- Flexible work arrangements, including hybrid and flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with a company match, full benefits plan and options, and associate resource groups
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- Corporate office includes a café (i.e., coffee, cappuccinos, teas), 24/7 fitness center, convenience store, on-site dry cleaning, Chef Louie’s Cafeteria, and more
Lead Content Creator Responsibilities
- Play a key role in the creation of visual content across all vehicles
- Partner with marketing, writers, and fellow designers to identify story opportunities and the best way to bring them to life based on platform, target audience and specific project and campaign objectives
- Help lead projects every step of the way, from research and concepting to production and editing through to final execution
- Develop initial rough storyboards or mock-ups for internal and marketing review
- Stay on top of the latest digital and industry trends, continuously bringing innovative ideas to the table
- Lead video shoots, including setup, coordination with producers and crew, and direction of talent and brand leaders
- Stay nimble, flexing from video shoots and editing to motion graphics projects to creative concepting and more
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone, while pushing creative boundaries
- Ensure accuracy in all finished products and present work to clients in a clear professional manner
Essential Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Demonstrates expertise of design techniques, skills, tools and procedures for design and motion graphics
- Understands design applications in digital channels with a focus on best-in-class social media practices
- Experience developing creative for use in the retail channel experience and create content to draw an audience and can state opinion clearly and can describe visual concepts related to the strategy
- Experience leading video shoots, including setup and direction of talent or brand leaders
- Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in their design, video and content creation skills
- Is pragmatic with creative executions always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment
- Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation as well as distribution strategies and tactics
- Leverages data and trends in the competitive landscape to inform the design process
- Reviews the briefs ensuring they fully understand the objectives and maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Is an ambassador for the marketing department objectives and point of view on corporate brand and its visual identity
Essential Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience, preferably in motion graphics, video editing or related field
- 4+ years of professional-level experience in content creation, social media, digital and motion graphics design, videography and editing with a portfolio that illustrates that experience
- Expert-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with a demonstrated ability in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator and quality control best practices
- Experience in Sketch, Figma, InVision, HTML, HTML5 a plus
- Proven ability to lead video shoots, from setup to directing talent and helping to lead additional crew
- Video shoots may also include live events and internal communications and will sometimes involve travel
- Portfolio required
Want to learn more about Staples Stores? Visit StaplesConnect.com for information and to learn about our career opportunities.
Click to learn more about the employee benefits, programs and perks offered at Staples.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.