The Founders Department is seeking a Lead Patient Services Representative II to join their team full time in Everett, WA.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
$1,500 sign on bonus available!
The Everett Clinic, a part of Optum, offers excellent benefits including free onsite parking, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and holidays, health insurance as well as, professional growth opportunities.
The Lead Patient Services Representative functions as an integral member of the team to deliver exceptional customer service to our patients. The Lead Patient Services Representative works alongside the clinical staff to ensure efficient patient service within the department.
The Lead Patient Services Representative is responsible for and not limited to:
- Optimistically greet customers into the practice and provide instruction and/or direction as necessary both on the phone and in person.
- Schedule, reschedule and coordinate all patient appointments and adjunct tests per office protocol
- Register all patients into the Misys/Epic system according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and CBO.
- Collect, post and balance payments according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management and CBO Dept.
- Accurately update and maintain all electronic medical records according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept.
- Accurately maintain provider’s master schedule and modify it according to established sources.
- Order and maintain the inventory, and stock in the area according to the policies and procedures established by the Practice Management Dept. and Central Supply.
- Answer phone calls courteously, collect and document detailed information and route phone calls appropriately based on office protocols
- Efficiently provide basic office administrative support tasks such as mailing, faxing, sorting, typing, filing, etc.
- Maintains and updates float guide for the provider
- Maintain an organized and clean work area, free of clutter.
- Attend departmental and general staff meetings and contributes ideas and suggestions creatively
- Prepare all chart documentation and records with accuracy as directed or necessary for the patient’s care.
- Willingly float to other departments to accommodate Polyclinic needs
- Meet or exceed the performance measures established by the Practice Management Dept.
- Follow all established policy and procedures related to this position.
- Participate and contribute in a team-based environment.
- Maintain a team supportive attendance record.
- Understand and deliver quality customer service that is consistent with the Polyclinic’s efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization.
- Follow OSHA/WISHA (including usage of PPE) guidelines
- Follow HIPPA regulations to ensure confidentiality and security of pt’s health records and PHI
- Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment, and in occasional difficult situations.
- Communication, conduct and dress attire portrays a professional quality at all times.
- Other duties as requested
Responsibilities (Lead PSR):
- Coordinates Daily Management for work teams including including staffing, visibility board updates, productivity stats, and level loading assigned tasks to demand
- Oversees and directs daily work for work group/area; coordinates and provides training, audits, and assists in Standard Work updates. Is Basic Skills certified and assists teammates with certification goals. Is encouraged to reach Tier 2 certification.
- Serves as a role model in meeting and exceeding stats, attendance, punctuality and professionalism. Is a leader and resource person within the department and is flexible with their work schedule, including working weekends as need arises. Subject matter expert in work skills for their group.
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Experience: one-year work experience preferred, preferably in a medical office setting. UCB/ACD Desktop phone system experience preferred. Word processing, computer, photocopy and fax machine experience. A basic knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred. Strong customer service skills required.
- Education: High School Diploma (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status
Interested in learning more? Let’s talk about our opportunities and your career growth!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.