Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Note- This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace. Employees must live in the United States.
Come join Under Armour and create software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history. Our Lead Software Engineers are responsible for helping their teams continuously improve. You will spend a significant amount of time coaching other engineers and aiding the team in eliminating roadblocks. You will set best practices for architecture, coding, delivery, and operation of your team’s services. In addition, you will build relationships with other teams to collaborate and lead the way in developing reusable, scalable designs that benefit the entire organization. You will partner with other engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and project management while serving as a mentor and advocate for your own team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Our Lead Software Engineers are responsible for helping their teams continuously improve
- You will spend a significant amount of time coaching other engineers and aiding the team in eliminating
- You will set best practices for architecture, coding, delivery, and operation of your team’s services
- You will build relationships with other teams to collaborate and lead the way in developing reusable,
- scalable designs that benefit the entire organization
- You will partner with other engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and project management
- while serving as a mentor and advocate for your own team
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Have experience working at scale utilizing microservices architectures
- Experience with Java
- High volume Message Queues such as Kafka
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Education And / Or Experience
- 5+ years application development experience
- Role is REMOTE- we will consider candidates located anywhere in the United States
- No relocation provided
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.