Photon Brothers Inc.
Solar PV/Energy Storage Designer
Photon Brothers is looking for motivated individuals who take pride in their work. We are committed to providing the best residential and commercial solar energy installations in the business. Photon Brothers values our customers’ time and provides service that is friendly, professional, and hassle-free all throughout Colorado. We are committed to improving the local communities we operate and live in, as well as our planet’s environment and natural resources.
The Designer is responsible for quality control of all system designs and plan sets. This individual serves as a member of an integrated design team and is responsible for coordinating with team members to meet project schedules and deliverables.
- Performs detailed design of all aspects of Photovoltaic (PV) Electrical Power Systems and Energy Storage Systems including string sizing, array layouts, tracker power and communication, one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, Balance of System/Plant equipment details, conduit and cable sizing/routing, grounding design, equipment specifications, and project schedules
- Prepares computer-based models and performs power system studies on PV systems including short circuit, load flow, relay coordination, arc flash, collection system grounding, harmonic analysis and other related studies
- Reviews equipment data sheets, manuals, and testing reports for design and approvals
- Prepares a variety of documents and reports associated with projects including cost estimates, budget reports, and studies
- Provides field assistance, troubleshooting, and observation reports
- Verifies the work of Designers, Drafters, and Field Service Personnel for general quality and accuracy, as required
- Maintains professional understanding of all applicable Codes and Standards, and construction practices
- Maintains high ethical and professional standards
- Works additional time beyond 40 hours/week to complete projects, proposals and/or administrative functions, as required
- Attends conferences, training workshops, seminars, regular undergraduate and graduate classes as appropriate for advancement and as required to maintain quality of work
- Attends safety training and follow safety rules and guidelines
- Other job-related responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Professional, articulate, and able to exercise good independent judgement and discretion
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter
- Proven record of delivering a high standard of quality work with attention to detail
- Comfortable working with limited information to create system designs and plans
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment with a quickly growing team
- Good interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills; ability to interact successfully at all levels of the organization; high emotional intelligence
- A strong command of the English language
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience: 3+ years of engineering or relevant field experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with some power system software such as EasyPower, ETAP or SKM, and CYMCAP preferred
- Proficiency in PVsyst and other PV specific software packages preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and standard computer software
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office setting and some field work may also be required. Employee can work from either our DTC (Centennial) or Westminster office locations.
Physical Activities: Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Employee should identify discrepancies in assigned work and bring to attention of supervisor or engineer responsible for the project in a timely manner. Employee’s work product should be self- checked in a manner that is suitable for review by the supervisor or engineer responsible for the project.
Photon Brothers fosters a community of involvement, professional development, and camaraderie. We expect a lot out of our employees, and we give them the necessary tools to excel in their roles.
We also take care of our employees with our comprehensive benefits package.
As a values-driven company, we have developed a culture of collaboration, both with our customers and with each other.. Our success over the years is directly related to the talented team we have built; apply today and let us talk about future success for you and Photon Brothers!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Centennial, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- System design: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.