Messineo Law, LLC
We are looking for a legal assistant to join our law firm and work directly with the managing partner.
The successful candidate will possess and be responsible for the following:
- Provide administrative support to the lawyer to enhance law office effectiveness
- Communicating with clients, law offices, insurance adjusters, medical offices, the court and experts
- Assist in preparing for depositions, examinations under oath, mediations, arbitrations, and trial
- Prepare and file complaints, answers, motions, briefs, arbitration statements, prepare discovery demands, answers to interrogatories, review discovery provided.
- Compose e-mails and correspondence
- Monitor deadlines and be proficient in maintaining the law office calendar/diary
- Answering inquiries from potential new clients
- Answering phones, copying and filing
The successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- At least 2 years working experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary in a law firm
- Familiarity with New Jersey e-courts and N.J. court rules and legal procedures.
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a law office
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced office setting
Benefits include medical and paid time off policy.
Job Type: Full-time with hours of 8AM to 4PM
Pay based upon experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montvale, NJ 07645: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.