Denver Public Schools
LIAISON, STUDENT SUPPORT (JOB ID: 56449)
Salary Range: $25.861 – $31.412 an hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Educational Counselor collaborates with schools, parents and community organizations to identify and provide the support, direct services and advocacy needed for students and families in the Denver Public Schools. Evaluates students’ abilities, interest, talents, and personality characteristics in order to develop appropriate academic and career goals, increase student achievement, and improve graduation rate. This position will support our RJ Team with Students and Staff.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) years minimum experience and demonstrated success in working collaboratively with other professional staff on instructional improvement issues.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Experience working with at-risk youth.
- Ability to work in a diverse educational community setting
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with other professional staff on instructional improvement issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal (mediation) skills needed to resolve problems that may arise between teachers and students or parents and teachers
- Strong ability to gather, analyze, and interpret student data to make sound decisions
- Demonstrated success in restorative approaches as part of discipline process
- Exhibits a passion for working with youth and young adults
- Pursues ongoing personal and professional growth
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Google suite, e-mail, and internet applications preferred
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.