Universal Technical Institute
The Local Area Field Admissions Representatives will have the distinct pleasure of finding passionate and motivated students who have a desire to learn and develop their skills at Universal Technical Institute. This role will be responsible for working closely with the local Campus to recruit students and build awareness of Universal Technical Institute and its programs. The Local Area Representative will work a territory the majority of which is within 120 miles of a UTI Campus. The ideal candidate for this position will have a customer –focused, extroverted style that can enliven, engage, motivate and positively impact individuals. One should enjoy making connections and communicating with people while proactively establishing relationships, and must be able to follow established guidelines and procedures. One must also work independently in a fast paced and results oriented environment while prioritizing their schedules to maximize time.
- Responsible for spending at least 50% of work hours working directly with the local Campus to build interest in UTI and its programs. Develops, organizes and executes innovative strategies that cover a territory and build sustainable relationships.
- Develops new relationships and strengthens existing partnerships with dealerships and designated industry partners. Conducts and coordinates open house events, STEM events, Future Tech Events, and industry employment events using multiple resources such as campus staff, high school counselors and marketing support. Utilizes industry events at the high schools and campuses as a key element in building awareness of the UTI brand and educational alternative.
- Participates in most Campus admissions related events and activities, conducts campus tours, hosts special events, attends college/high school fairs, networks with industry employers, conducts educator and counselor seminars and administers financial aid workshops, all in an effort to build a strong rapport with potential students and generate interest in UTI.
- Develops and maintains relationships with high schools, counselors, principals and other administrative officials within the local area territory. Presents to all levels of educators in high schools and other educational institutions to encourage their students to attend Universal Technical Institute.
- Conducts informative and professional in home interviews utilizing technical knowledge and skills. Maintains customer relationship manager database that will allow for thorough follow-up with potential students.
- Maintains knowledge of Universal Technical Institute programs, financing options and other pertinent information in order to answer prospective student questions during a presentation. Effectively addresses concerns to ensure that all prospects receive the full Universal Technical Institute story and are aware of their career opportunities.
- Follows Company policy regarding tracking key business statistics to ensure accurate record keeping of travel, visits and inquiries.
- Identifies prospective students who appear to have the skills, interest, motivation and other qualities that indicate UTI could be a good fit for them, and seeks to help them enroll if they want to enroll, while also not seeking to enroll individuals for whom, for whatever reasons, UTI does not appear to be a good fit.
- Adheres to all compliance criteria and procedures established by external regulatory bodies and by UTI.
- Other duties as necessary
Education / Experience
- High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Experience with public speaking preferred.
- Industry knowledge preferred.
- 3 – 5 years sales experience preferred.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
- Strong presentation and sales skills
- Outstanding verbal communication is required
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Knowledge of local community
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills, can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
- Build effective relationships
- Ability to analyze and report data.
- Must have high proficiency in phone interviewing, Skype and other technologies.
- Ability to work within a highly regulated structure and environment
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 pounds 25% of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 10% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during presentation
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods throughout the workday.
- Must be able to navigate airports and fly to territory locations Must be able to travel 90% or more of the time.
- Work is mainly performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment, but some outdoor work may be required.
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Home office environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.