What makes National Health Care Associates (NHCA) a GREAT fit for you? When you join NHCA, you become part of a premier provider of short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and post-hospital care. Our care team of more than 7,000 employees in seven states cares for patients throughout the Northeast. We built a comprehensive network of services for each of our 40+ centers, carefully designed to address the individual needs of every person entrusted to our care.
Our mission is to provide our residents and their families with superior care delivered by staff dedicated to the principles of kindness, compassion, service, and excellence in an environment where individuality, dignity, and value of those who are served, as well as those who serve, is nurtured and appreciated. We believe that life, at all stages and with all of its challenges, is a precious gift to be shared and celebrated. It is our privilege to participate in the lives of our residents, their friends and families by offering them not only physical but emotional care, comfort, and support.
At National Health Care Associates…We Touch People’s Lives.
Who You Are:
- Kind, Compassionate, Service Minded, & Excellence Driven
What You Will Do:
- Hold daily shift report with nursing assistants assigned to the unit prior to the start of the shift
- Review written daily assignments for each resident on the assigned unit
- Assure assignments are completed before the end of the shift
- Make rounds on assigned residents at least once every two hours
- Administer medication and treatments according to the physician’s orders
- Assume responsibility for ordering medications
- Collaborate with Care Plan Coordinator to develop and maintain nursing care plans and update these plans on a monthly basis or more often if the resident’s condition changes
- Assist the attending physician with rounds and special procedures as needed
- Transcribe, document, and implement physician’s orders
- Contact the resident’s physician and family to notify them of a change in the resident’s condition or accident/incident; also notifies the supervisor covering
- Participate in the hiring, interviewing and orientation of nursing assistants
- Additional responsibilities as assigned/needed
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically ill with the ability to work with both
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignment. On call as necessary
- Nurse licensed in the State of employment
- Minimum one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice, including the administration of medications
- CPR certified
What We Offer:
An engaging and supportive work environment where every employee is valued, a rewarding career, and outstanding benefits which currently include:
- Medical/RX plans HMO’s & HSA
- Multiple Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Paid STD with voluntary buy-up
- Paid Life Insurance with voluntary buy-up & dependent coverage
- LTD coverage
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan
- Competitive wages
- Ample paid time off
- Shift/weekend differentials
- Modern/updated facilities
- Opportunity for advancement
- Nursing Scholarship Program
Diversity, Inclusion, & Engagement at National Health Care Associates:
At National Health Care Associates, we not only accept difference, we promote it, we embrace it, and we thrive on it for the betterment of our patients, our employees, and our culture.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.