The Maintenance Supervisor will lead and mentor the Maintenance Team, and assist with and oversee the Maintenance and Capital Improvement needs of an assigned FPI managed site, with the overall objective of meeting the expectations of the Client, based on the respective operating capital budget and management agreement. Is responsible for supervising maintenance staff, which may include: Maintenance Technician(s), Make-Ready or Rehab Technician(s), Groundskeeper(s)/Porter(s), Painter(s), and Cleaner(s)/Housekeeper(s).
- On-call required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar leadership role, preferably within Residential Property Management. Experience in hotel maintenance, facilities maintenance, or construction will also be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate required. Industry certification or designation (CAMT, NAHMS, NAHMT), preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, a good driving record, current motor vehicle insurance which meets State requirements, and an operable vehicle that meets FPI’s Driving Standards and Personal Vehicle Use policy.
- Must be able to wear a respirator, and have the ability to be medically fit for duty and cleared to wear a respirator, and comply with FPI’s facial hair policy.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- May be required to provide and maintain own tools.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Google Apps, property management-related software, email, internet).
- Embracing and exemplifying our HEART core values and incorporating them into every task performed and every interaction with clients, supervisors, team members, colleagues, residents, vendors, etc..
- Positive influencing, interpersonal and communication skills are essential as a leader and mentor to your team.
Why look at FPI for your next career step? We are one of the largest third-party 100% fee-managed Property Management companies in the nation, an industry leader in both the Conventional and Affordable Housing spaces, managing over 850 communities (~150,000 units) across the country, and employ ~3,500 team members. We offer comprehensive compensation and benefits packages (employee-only employer paid plan available), on-going training, and plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Come join Team FPI!
FPI Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. FPI Management participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- El Cajon, CA 92021: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Residential Property Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Leadership role: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hotel maintenance, facilities maintenance, or construction: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.