Position: Maintenance Technician II
Reports To: Service Supervisor
The Maintenance Technician II position is responsible for the maintenance and general condition of RedPeaks properties. Key responsibilities include property maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance service requests, property safety and security systems, monitoring the work of outside contractors, on-call, grounds work, pool maintenance, and assisting with other maintenance tasks when needed.
Quality of Maintenance Work
- Accurately diagnoses and solves problems with cost effective, long-term solutions.
- Performs maintenance work on the property, which may include electrical, HVAC, pools, plumbing, and other related tasks; assists with grounds work when required.
- Coordinates and monitors the quality of maintenance work being performed by outside contractors.
- Adheres to community on-call rotation requirements for emergency repairs or maintenance issues.
Schedules & Assignments
- Ensures a prompt response to all service requests, including emergency situations.
- Identifies the most efficient way to handle maintenance requests; effectively manages busy periods with high volumes of requests.
- Works consistently and remains engaged throughout the entire work shift.
- Assists with daily inspections of community grounds and interior. Immediately addressing deficiencies to ensure community is safe, clean, and comfortable for residents, team members, and guests.
- Complete all required trainings, meetings, and programs.
Maintenance Customer Service
- Makes all residents or tenants feel important and comfortable during their interactions
- Interacts well with residents or tenants from all age groups and cultural backgrounds
- Effectively manages issues/ problems, so all residents or tenants are satisfied and have a good experience.
- Maintains standards for staff uniforms, dress codes, hygiene and appearance for property staff.
- Shows up on-time and ready to work for all shifts.
- Provides advanced notice when an absence is needed.
- Demonstrates professionalism in all forms of communication, including but not limited to email, phone calls, video call, and text messaging.
- Installs, maintains and monitors security camera systems; installs property locks, keys and security access for residents, tenants and property staff. Monitors vendor key check out.
- Conducts regular inspections of property including vacant space; reports and addresses suspicious activity or potential security issues.
Safety & Organization
- Maintains building safety systems, ensuring compliance with all Company, local, city, state and federal guidelines.
- Keeps accurate, detailed and timely maintenance records for all activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Intermediate knowledge of electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Strong communication skills and customer service to interact with team and tenants
- Track record of quality work.
- Proven ability to assist with maintaining property security and Fire Life safety systems
- Proven ability to utilize Yardi work order system and other computer systems for service tickets, inventory, and maintenance records.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to change tasks quickly and frequently.
- Basic computer skills.
Education and Certifications
- Technical degree in related field or an equivalent amount of training or experience.
- Valid drivers license
- 1-2 years in multifamily maintenance, construction or equivalent
- Certifications in HVAC/EPA, CPO, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and masonry preferred.
Able to lift and move sizable weights
Able to work for long periods of time on feet
Able to work in confined spaces
Able to work for long periods outdoors
LIVE BY REDPEAKS CORE VALUES
EARN THE REPUTATION. Greatness is demonstrated, not declared. We arent here to follow the status quo.
INVEST IN EACH OTHER. Bring your authentic self to each interaction and empower others to share their unique story. Celebrate your differences. Grow together.
DO IT WITH STYLE. Design and form matter, so we take it up a notch. Every interaction should be thought of as the big presentation. Make an impact.
GO FORWARD. At RedPeak, agility is key. When new strategies and systems are set, adapt quickly, and create environments of yes. Innovate with intention, find solutions, and keep moving forward.
KEEP WORK FUN. We have passionate people, authentic communities, and incredible residents. So lets have some fun.
OWN IT. Do what’s right for RedPeak, and advocate for company progress. There’s room for everyone to be a leader here. Its up to you to take the lead.
BENEFITS OF BEING ON THE REDPEAK TEAM
- Great benefits, including full medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) with 100% vested company match
- Generous PTO
- Rent discounts
- RedPeak Student Debt Program
- Make Your Mark Scholarship Fund administered by the Denver Foundation
- 50% or up to $75 monthly health club reimbursement and wellness programs
- Ongoing training
RedPeak is committed to conducting all employment practices for employees at all levels without regard to race, creed, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local laws, except where a bona fide occupational requirement exists.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.