TITLE: Maintenance worker
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administration Director
JOB FUNCTION: Identifies requirements and ensures appropriate action is taken to meet the maintenance needs, including capital projects, of the various buildings and facilities of the shelters through a prioritized plan of work, which allows for quick response to critical needs. This is a hands on position. Maintenance worker must have carpentry, plumbing or electrical skills for this position. This is not an office job!
1. Identifies current and future maintenance requirements
2. Priority of work is based on facility need, the age of facilities and components, and the order in which work requests are received.
3. Provides water, heat, steam, electric distribution, gas, sewage removal and conditioned air directing installation or modifications to and maintenance on utility systems building components.
4. Complete daily maintenance work orders
5.Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, by enforcing adherence to requirements, and by advising administration on needed actions.
6.Oversees capital improvement and renovation projects; reviews project specifications; analyzes design, shelter requirements and performance standards; ensures goals are met by performing preliminary and final “punch lists” for construction projects.
7. Performs other duties as assigned .
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations