TEGNA is looking for a Manager, Business Intelligence with strong technical and business knowledge in media, and financial analysis and reporting to join its growing streaming team. The ideal candidate will support our user analytics and business decision making using data to drive insights and track performance on our consumer OTT products, which includes apps for local television stations, True Crime Network and Locked On Podcast Network. This individual will focus on consumer behavior, channel optimization, churn and LTV analysis, and customer acquisition analytics. The Manager, Business Intelligence will act as an analytics partner to key stakeholders within the Content, Product, and Marketing teams.
Location: LA, NYC, and Denver
- Manage and analyze data to understand consumer behavior; develop and implement tools to strategically evaluate consumer segments, and identify actionable insights to drive optimal ROI; and develop and track monthly and quarterly targets
- Design, deliver and automate monthly and quarterly custom reporting and build ad hoc data visualizations
- Identify business drivers, opportunities and general performance, and present analyses and findings to stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to refine key performance indicators, set targets, measure/monitor performance, and provide insights and analyses
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time issues
- Identify and collect data necessary to forecast the impact of changes to user behavior and monetization
- Collaborate with our content team to further understand the impact of content and programming changes on user behavior
- Ideate, develop requirements, and create prototypes to inform platform forecasting processes
- Aggregate content/marketing inputs into cohesive reporting to model the impact of spend initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with other team members to support the delivery of high-quality analytics and keep up to date on changes in our data infrastructure
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Business Intelligence / Data Science in a high growth business or segment
- Effective communicator of technical and statistical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner from entry level to executive
- Experience with ad-supported services/products is a plus
- Experience with video streaming services is a plus
- Advance knowledge of Tableau, Data Studio or similar BI and data visualization tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, Amplitude, Conviva or similar analytics tools is a plus.
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite or Google tools
- Ability to think critically and provide accurate work
- Knowledge of media, online advertising, and ad sales processes is a plus
- Experience working at a fast paced, data driven business
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, supporting standard methodologies, and mentoring other analysts
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
- Advertising Sales
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Coaching And Mentoring
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
New York, NY
Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.