San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- 7 years of experience working on project origination in carbon markets or other environmental assets.
- 5 years of experience working in emerging markets.
- Experience in economic, financial analysis or modeling.
- Experience working on project origination in carbon markets or other environmental assets.
- Technical expertise across a diversity of decarbonization solutions (e.g. from methane destruction to blue carbon).
- Knowledge and experience of working with Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Use (AFOLU) opportunities.
- Knowledge of and experience with emission reduction project-based carbon standards, technologies, and project development processes.
About the job
The Global Sustainability Team seeks a Manager, Carbon Markets to coordinate the company’s carbon markets portfolio.
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to source and lead new projects across our portfolio, interfacing with internal and external partners, and helping our suite of products to feature solutions. You will act as our Subject Matter Expert (SME) and commercial lead when interfacing with external partners and work cross-functionally internally to coordinate with climate experts and solutions across the company.
- Build and manage carbon credits portfolio and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for company carbon market strategy development and management.
- Structure, source, and manage Emission Reduction projects, including contract negotiation, Due Diligence, and execution.
- Establish and maintain relationships with carbon credit partner organizations and coalitions.
- Conduct regular research on developments in the field, and draft progress reports on our portfolio approach and strategy.
- Lead standard methodology development in collaboration with internal stakeholders and leading carbon market standards developers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.