Bakersfield Heart Hospital
- $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Job Title: Manager, Cath Lab
Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of his/her assigned unit(s). The Nurse Manager leads effective care delivery through strong caregiver engagement, wise use of resources, and compassionately holding others accountable for their behaviors and actions. The Manager provides support to the staff by directing, monitoring and evaluating the patient load and ensures that patient care is optimized through the proper allocation of staffing resources. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Manager works collaboratively with the other members to assure safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the Manager serves as a resource for technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs.
Nurse Managers are accountable for unit adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, policies, contracts, procedures, and standards of performance. The Nurse Manager develops and mentors their direct reports and plans for succession. Nurse Managers are informed by the highest level of evidence available when developing standards and modifying care delivery systems. The Manager is the lead facilitator for the hospital departments, physicians, external agencies, nursing staff, and allied healthcare professionals. The Manager oversees the daily operations of the Cath Lab, assisting nursing staff in providing quality outcomes for all inpatients. The Manager sustains performance while tracking and reporting impact of cardiac care delivery on patients’ quality of life, physicians’ and nurses ‘enrichment/satisfaction, error reduction, length of stay measures and patient care resource management.
This position is responsible for ensuring and supporting Bakersfield Heart Hospital’s strategic priorities and programs. The Manager participates in program development as it relates to the Cath Lab. This includes, but is not limited to staff education, patient education, community education, program development and marketing. The Manager ensures the care for the Cath Lab patients’ throughout the continuum and works with the Director of Nursing, collaborating with leadership team members to ensure comprehensive medical record documentation to reflect clinical treatment, decisions, and diagnoses for inpatients. The Manager plans, develops and implements Cath Lab initiatives that are in keeping with the mission, vision, and values of Bakersfield Heart Hospital.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program. BSN preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Cath Lab Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. Current BLS and ACLS certification. CNOR preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of six years progressive experience in Cardiac Cath Lab. Acute care nursing and/or radiology technologist with emphasis on cardiology/cardiovascular care. Management experience preferred.
1. Patient Care Delivery & Quality Management
- Supervises the direct patient care functions of the department, to include; staff competency assessments, ongoing performance review and improvement, and staff education directed at clinical excellence.
- Ensures staff competency with standards of care and compliance with core measure and other quality improvement activities.
- Maintains necessary documentation standards and provides leadership with staff to ensure same.
- Coordinates the delivery of care and responds to needs within the hospital for rapid response, code blue and/or other internal emergencies.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to create a teamwork approach to patient care.
- Maintains clinical competency in nursing practice and provides direct patient care in assigned department as needed.
- Participates on hospital shared governance committee(s), writes clinical policy and procedures, and develops unit-based improvement processes.
- Ensures the adequacy of preceptor training competency.
- Quality & Safety for Patients & Caregivers:
- Ensures that the unit meets or exceeds standards of performance in quality measures.
- Ensures that the unit meets or exceeds standards for continual regulatory readiness.
- Actively directs and engages in quality improvement activities.
- Escalates issues of safety and quality proactively; especially regarding high risk situations.
- Complies with policies for reporting and addressing quality care concerns
- Identifies potential safety issues and implements proactive plans to prevent occurrences.
- Holds caregivers accountable for following safe practice.
2. Leadership, Teamwork and Collaboration
- Promotes and maintains a positive image of nursing and clinical services.
- Recognizes staff contributions and consistently inspires growth and development of each team member for peak performance.
- Focuses staff on interdisciplinary teamwork through communication and role model behavior.
- Works closely with the hospital Resource Nurse to ensure that staffing and teamwork are ensured.
- Assists other department leaders in the ongoing development of professional practice model and helps each staff member to understand their role functions.
- Assists department Director to carry out team leadership and staff development plans.
- Creates an environment which: cultivates personal accountability, personal investment in the unit, clinical excellence and nurtures BHH commitment to patient-centered care.
3. Communication & Interpersonal Relations
- Breaks down communication barriers within the team through open, candid and supportive interactions.
- Communicates plans for change and progress in the context of the mission and values of BHH.
- Helps others to package and effectively present their ideas.
- Gives clear, understandable instructions to employees/others.
- Coaches team members to effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates empathy and positive regard for others, which supports relationships with people from diverse backgrounds or from different cultures.
- Responds to issues raised by others in a timely fashion, consults Director on a regular basis.
- Creates a comfortable environment for raising concerns, problem-solving, contributing ideas, and focusing the energy of the team on necessary change.
4. Financial Management
- Works closely with department Director to ensure that labor and supply expenses are managed effectively.
- Assures appropriate utilization of human resources, with attention to skill mix, RN ratio requirements, and department operating plans.
- Is accountable for daily productivity of assigned department.
- Ensure employee compliance and accountability for accurate time and pay practices/documentation in the electronic time keeper.
- Ensures completion of productivity, acuity, and staffing documentation as needed.
- WISE STEWARDSHIP: The Nurse Manager is accountable for the wise stewardship of resources for their area of responsibility:
- Effectively advocates for the resources necessary for unit operations and patient care.
- Creates and implements efficient staffing plans.
- Minimizes the use of high-cost resources (overtime, premium pay, agency, etc.).
- Uses data to proactively plan for unit staffing coverage.
- Effectively and strategically plans for volume changes and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Responds to variance in designated timeframes.
- Keeps leaders apprised of budgetary challenges.
- Actively participates in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of budgets.
5. Customer Service
- Participates with Director to develop a department-specific customer satisfaction improvement plan.
- Creates enthusiasm within the staff/department for patient satisfaction efforts. Inspires the staff to innovate their own solutions.
- Mobilizes other resources as needed to meet the needs of patients/families by drawing other team members into the setting.
- Is proactive in addressing service weaknesses, service recovery needs, complaints, and formal grievances as needed.
At Bakersfield Heart Hospital, our patients are family. Healthcare is constantly evolving, our growing organization is devoted to ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the bedside. If you share our values, we want to hear from you!
Competitive Pay. Full Suite of Benefits.
Bakersfield Heart Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our team members and patients. Therefore, we require that all team members receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October – March each year), etc. as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- Cath Lab Registered Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact.
- 6 year(s): Minimum of six years progressive experience in Cardiac Cath Lab. Acute care nursing and/or radiology technologist with emphasis on cardiology/cardiovascular care. Management experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Sup
- Basic Life Support
- Registered Nurse
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.