Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, TEGNA’s Product Marketing Manager will help represent the voice of the customer while serving as the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive customer success and revenue. You will partner closely with product managers on planning and roadmaps based on customer feedback, help craft the positioning and messaging of existing and new products, and support the shaping, execution and measurement of go-to-market (GTM) plans that increase awareness and usage of our solution suite among our target audiences of media agencies, national brands, and local brands. As new features and solutions are crafted, you will work cross-functionally with product, sales, and other members of the marketing team to bring these new capabilities to market across paid, owned, and earned channels.
- You will become an expert on our buyers – who are they, how they buy, their role in the customer journey, their primary pain points, and their key buying criteria. You’ll leverage these insights to create and maintain buyer personas.
- Using market evidence and feedback from sales and customers alike, you will help inform our product positioning and messaging across TEGNA’s solution suite (linear, digital, OTT, podcasts).
- You will be the primary creator of core content that articulates our various products’ value proposition in a thoughtful and compelling way with consistency across all touchpoints (e.g. website/landing pages, customer pitch decks, webinars, FAQs, videos, etc.).
- You will help shape feature naming, messaging, and rollout communications for new product experiences and capabilities.
- You will deeply understand the competitive landscape and create internal materials that will help sellers competitively differentiate TEGNA in-market (ex: competitive battlecards)
- You will collaborate with other members of the marketing team, namely our Activation/Go-To-Market lead, to execute and measure marketing programs that drive new demand and increase retention.
- You will continuously identify prime candidates for case studies and key inputs: the business challenge, our solution, and the results. You’ll partner with the Content Marketing lead to translate this intelligence into case studies.
- You have an attention to detail and eye for quality, along with a passion for customer centricity – especially the ability to grasp and present our products’ value propositions in a way that resonate and clearly articulate how we uniquely solve our buyers’ pain points.
- You’re familiar with foundational tenets of performance marketing and know how to work across a variety of standard marketing technologies to optimize tactics on the fly when necessary.
- In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales. Your partnership with product managers and feedback from sales will help drive product improvements and innovation.
- Twice a year, you will provide input into the product marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team.
- You will deeply understand and support our sales channels and play an integral role in helping enable sales on the product marketing collateral you create – especially how we solve for our buyers’ pain points. As needed, you will help develop the necessary internal tools and collateral to empower sales to talk about our solutions with confidence.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in the media and advertising space
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams, and Matrix and/or Salesforce
- Highly proficient in hands-on-keys operations of marketing technologies, including Google Analytics, WordPress, ConstantContact (or related CRM systems, including Pardot, Marketo), Zoom Webinars (or related webinar vendors) and more
- Strong quantitative skills and a penchant for translating data into action
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills, especially within the advertising and media environment, with experience distilling big ideas and concepts into simple and well understood collateral
- Experience working with internal design/creative teams to bring ideas to life
- Strong presentation and communication skills in front of internal and external audiences alike
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills, particularly the ability to influence those outside of your team
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- An unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field; Pragmatic Institute Certified a huge plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Experience
- Customer Value Proposition
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
New York, NY
Media – Journalism – Newspaper, Marketing