Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
As a Manager, Stores Operations, you will manage our business to ensure that we operate efficiently and that we achieve our profitability and omni goals. The scope of your authority will extend to key areas such as expense management, shortage prevention, staffing and scheduling, merchandise flow, customer service and the maintenance of housekeeping and safety standards. This manager level position reports directly to the Director, Stores Operations and leads to a career path in Regional Operations, Asset Protection or Store Management.
- Manage all payroll/non-payroll expense; directly responsible for EBIT%
- Direct the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts; ensure back of house standards are maintained
- Analyze store shortage and implement reduction initiatives in partnership with the Asset Protection Manager
- Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood by the store team including all People Leaders and Colleagues
- Train, motivate and develop operations team to reach their fullest potential and to maximize business opportunities
- Clearly communicate store and Company objectives so both People Leaders and Colleagues are well informed
- Direct total store maintenance; create a safe and clean environment for both customers and colleagues
- Manage supply budgets and ensure store stays in stock on selling supply and other required items
- Initiate and implement shortage and safety programs
- Recruit and select qualified support Colleagues
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment focusing on internal and external customer service and safety
- Address Colleague concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis; administer reviews and check-ins
- Utilize check-in process as a tool for colleague talent development, promotion and advancement
- Lead colleagues in support of community service opportunities
- Drive overall Store Scorecard results by focusing efforts on the following tactics: shopping environment, pricing and signing, workload planning; Profit: staffing and weekend compliance, logistics, shortage and safety
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Effective prioritizing and time management skills
- Ability to build partnerships and direct teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.