Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
As a Receiving Team Manager, you will support Stores Own Sales by driving sales, productivity, safety and profitability results for all receiving activities by ensuring execution to best practices, merchandising and sales partnerships, and training and development of support team.
- Lead, execute and monitor inbound and outbound receiving processes to company standards including dock security, inbound DC trailer processing, merchandise floor-readiness, direct-to-store shipments, supply and fixture deliveries, recycling and backhaul DC trailers.
- Build partnerships with store merchandising, sales and security leaders to support accurate, productive and safe receiving processes.
- Use tools and analyze documents to forecast workload and allocate resources as needed.
- Process soft line and hard line inventory in an efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate merchandise and fixture deliveries with merchandising leaders.
- Process RTVs, salvages, and make and breaks in a timely manner.
- Monitor and communicate productivity standards and results to the team; identify opportunities.
- Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards, safety and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood.
- Role Model exemplary service, lead support staff to provide an outstanding shopping experience.
- Coach, motivate and develop support team to reach their fullest potential and to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean and neat receiving area and stockroom.
- Clearly communicate store and Company objectives so both management and staff are well informed.
- Recruit, select and train talented, results-oriented support Associates.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction.
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis; administer Responsibility Based Performance as needed.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Associate talent development, promotion and advancement.
- Give back by ensuring recycling backhauls and shipments occur as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of operations/merchandising retail management.
- Ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Productivity driven, task oriented and highly organized.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong administrative and negotiation skills.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problem, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
- Familiarity with workload systems.
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.