If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Team Lead – Coating
REPORTING TO: Manufacturing Manager/Supervisor
LOCATION: West Henrietta, NY
These positions may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Who is IDEX Health & Science (IH&S)?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
Life Science Optics (LSO):
Our newly opened Optics Center of Excellence (COE) in West Henrietta, NY, is a manufacturing and R&D focused team that sits at the leading edge of high-end optics for life sciences. Focused on assisting partners at every stage of the development processes, we invest in people and infrastructure to drive bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. With its optics-rich foundation of talent, universities, and supporting businesses, Rochester is the ideal location to elevate your career with fascinating work and endless opportunities.
Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment; and you can apply your skillset to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you can work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Team Lead works alongside fellow manufacturing associates, but also has the overall responsibility for the efficiency and productivity of their team. The Team Lead works with the Manufacturing leaders to prioritize work and communicate with manufacturing associates, technicians, engineers, managers, and other key stakeholders. The individual will be goal-driven, have a strong work ethic, and demonstrate excellent people and process skills. Key performance indicators (KPIs) of this role are machine turn times, customer satisfaction, product quality, delivery-to-schedule times, process cycle time, and team and employee engagement.
General Team Lead Duties:
- Provide on-the-floor direction to manufacturing associates to prioritize work and meet production goals
- Give feedback to manager concerning employees’ job performance
- Conduct group Daily Management Meetings and proactively escalate issues
- Maintain and update area KPI’s daily
- Execute group training schedules, including progress checks with the trainers and trainees
- Ensure workflow of in progress and finished product through their team
- Ensure proper procedures are being followed, and raise opportunities of process improvement
- Optimize utilization of resources, including workforce and equipment, to ensure timely movement of parts to and from metrology cell
- Provide on-the-floor direction to fellow coating associates
- Ensure proper procedures and work instructions are being utilized
- Provide feedback to manager concerning team and individual performance
- Resume paused coaters to meet production schedule
- Understand and communicates machine KPI’s – machine uptime, machine turn times, customer satisfaction, product quality, delivery-to-schedule, coating process cycle time
- Monitor and report process and equipment related issues to management and engineering, while assisting with the maintenance team as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, especially in Optics Manufacturing or Life Sciences
- Experience leading teams or projects preferred
- Experience with ERP systems preferred, especially JD Edwards
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing relationships with internal stakeholders
- 6 months employed in current role or in area of leadership interest preferred (internal candidates)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and driven to excellence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal oversight
- Strong computer skills
- This position is a site-based role
IDEX Health & Science LLC., a Unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.