As Retail & Brand Marketing Director, you will create plans that result in measurable sales growth and increased engagement with our brands across existing channels, in addition to identifying new opportunities to engage with emerging or untapped channels. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and measuring marketing initiatives coordinated across corporate, retail, and product groups. You will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing marketing strategies including content creation, outbound marketing, events and social media to attract potential customers and maintain existing ones. You will collaborate with the Operations department on strategic goals to support DeliverMD business and growth objectives.
Successful candidates will have a passion for cannabis culture, social media, and digital marketing and have a proven track record of working across teams to influence and manage various projects on tight deadlines, all with a positive attitude.
DeliverMD prides itself on giving customers access to a wide variety of appropriately priced cannabis products in a safe, well-appointed setting. Recognizing that consumers need accurate, trusted and helpful cannabis information, DeliverMD prioritizes customer service and cannabis education. We believe in, invest in, and deliver, skilled and trained cannabis consultations and consumer experiences that enhance and enrich our customers’ lives and wellness. Currently, DeliverMD services the greater Bay Area through online pre-ordering and home delivery. DeliverMD owns and manages three house cannabis brands: Smoakland, DeliverMD and Sierra Hills.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and support DeliverMD mission and values
- Support our CEO in the cohesive and consistent execution of our brand identity and messaging
- Manage and oversee the execution of content strategies for social, e-marketing and digital platforms and oversight of social & digital marketing coordinators
- Manage and expand digital marketing strategies (e.g. programmatic advertising, brand awareness promotions, and smart social media strategies)
- Create, execute, and relay effectiveness to Stake Holders a clear and concise yearly marketing budget plan
- Leverage copywriting skills to turn complex cannabis product information into digestible and clear value propositions and marketing messages that drive purchase
- Track the evolution of campaigns and manage customer data to develop targeting, testing different data models to optimize for performance.
- Leverage quantitative marketing analysis and sales reports to understand brand/product performance and to influence marketing strategies and manage advanced campaign segmentation and optimization
- Develop a weekly and monthly reporting cadence that demonstrates the full-funnel impact of content initiatives
- Establish automated reporting and optimization processes
- Establish and execute marketing plans including retail (flyers, product menus, weedmaps), digital (e.g., site, email, text, social, video) and external/media planning (advertising, events, activations, tradeshows)
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure that all deliverables/ timelines are being met
- Stellar project management skills, keen sense of organization/prioritization and superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to operate in an organization with a lot of stakeholders, rapid pace and constant decision
- Maintain attention and adherence to cannabis marketing messaging compliance as outlined by the state of California, local municipalities and under the direction of our compliance director
- Open availability including some weekends. This is a demanding position that requires you to be well rounded on all things in marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of cannabis marketing and market segmentation of all key demographics with clear plan on how to address these groups (e.g. zip code, age, gender, order frequency, products purchased, etc.)
- Comfort and ease utilizing digital software and services, e.g. Mailchimp, POS, Blaze, Weedmaps, social media platforms, SMS text services, etc.
- Ability to pull and analyze / slice and dice data from various sources and databases for effective marketing and increasing revenue
- Familiarity with paid (and organic) tactics and business management tools on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google, etc.
- Proven marketing experience: agency, retail, and/or e-comm industry experience preferred
- Strong omni-channel marketing skills; in-store, digital, social media, advertising, etc.
- Experience with some design software; Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends, and some holidays to meet the needs of the business
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; business, marketing, communications or related field preferred
- At least 8 years of marketing and/or brand management experience
- Cannabis, retail and/or e-commerce experience highly preferred
- High familiarity with brand development planning, innovation and creative ideation processes
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine optimization and improvement techniques
- Solid understanding of brand foundational tools, consumer insight identification, segmentation and target development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including skilled copywriting abilities
- Relentlessly high standards and sharp attention to details
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Entrepreneur can-do attitude to find ways to break down growth barriers
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment and resolve ambiguity with creative problem solving
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
- On occasion may work in a busy, fast paced startup environment and may require 10% traveling
- Position is primarily located in Oakland, CA, however, may require traveling to other office locations for off-site meetings and other activities as required by the job.
- Occasional standing; walk frequently; reach and twist/turn with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Follow the CDC requirements.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakland, CA 94621: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.