iLEAD Charter Schools
Job Title – Facilitator
iLEAD Schools are actively seeking facilitators that want to make things better, make things more fun that are not restricted by convention but challenged by it.
The iLEAD facilitator is unique in that they are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages learners to develop and fulfill their academic potential through Project-based Learning. Most schools have a set curriculum that must be followed, however at iLEAD Schools the facilitator will have the unique opportunity to both create and tailor curriculum to the needs of the learners.
At iLEAD, our facilitators are effective in using a broad range of instructional strategies, including providing a constructivist curriculum, challenging goals and effective feedback, differentiated instruction and backward mapping.
Duties and responsibilities
- Incorporate a focus in enriching the curriculum by implementing a plan of Project-based Learning.
- Provide planned learning experiences in order to motivate learners and best utilize instruction time.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each learner.
- Establish and maintain outstanding classroom management skills needed to achieve a functional and supportive learning atmosphere.
- Evaluate learners’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, prepare reports of progress, and develop an individual learning plan (ILP) for each learner in collaboration with the learner and family member.
- Identify learners’ needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping learners solve health, social emotional and learning problems.
- Create a functional and attractive environment for learning through displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Provide ongoing support and actively collaborate with all iLEAD Schools’ leaders and employees to ensure that the mission, vision, values and philosophy of iLEAD Schools is clearly understood and carried out.
- Represent iLEAD Schools in a positive and professional manner in all of interactions and communications.
- Ensure a comfortable, engaging and learner created room environment.
- Demonstrate a belief in iLEAD’s mission that all learners will learn and successfully master the content and skills necessary for advanced post-secondary education.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, including all courses needed to meet credential requirements.
- Appropriate credential required for core subject positions.
- Experience within education setting and/or real world experience in being non-traditional, flexible, open minded, and collaborative.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Thrive in a collaborative, team based and fast-paced environment.
- Be passionate and supportive of mission and vision as well as have a strong desire to make a difference for the future of all iLEAD Schools.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- CA Multiple Subject Credential (Preferred)
- CA Single Subject Math Credential (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.