Redmond Heights Senior Living
Med. Tech./Caregiver Job Description
SIGN ON BONUS OF $1000!!!
Looking for passionate licensed Medication Technician with Insulin Delegation to join our team!
Not only is our work emotionally rewarding, we provide great benefits as well: Medical, Dental, vision, 401k, PTO, and more!
The Medication Technician administers prescribed medications and treatments to residents who need assistance in accordance with state regulatory stipulations and requirements for safe administration. Observes the resident taking the medication, notes effects including any unexpected or adverse effects, correctly documents the required information in the residents’ medication administration records, communicates any concerns or observations with the Wellness Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers resident medications and treatments as assigned and in compliance with all state regulations and community policies/procedures.
- Observes for additional care needs or changes in resident’s usual behavior, condition or functional abilities. Reports observations to the Wellness Director in a timely manner.
- Seeks direction from the Wellness Director for any treatment or medication orders that are unfamiliar or are different from prior orders.
- Respects resident’s right to refuse medication and notates the resident’s decision to refuse and immediately notifies the Wellness Director.
- Responds promptly to requests for PRN medications; observes and notates effectiveness.
- Participates in Wellness team meetings and uses the support/care plans daily when assisting with medications or providing care.
- Assists with resident care when not engaged in passing medications.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must possess, at a minimum, a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid certifications or willing to obtain one within first 30 days of hire
- Completion of state approved Caregiver program, as required by state regulation.
- Medication Administration and Delegation Required. Insulin Delegation or willingness attain preferred.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
About Redmond Heights Senior Living
Redmond Heights combines the feel of small-town living with the charm of our panoramic 3-acre setting. Here you will find a warm, dedicated staff committed to creating a community you will be delighted to call home. With no buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease, our residents have flexibility and freedom should their needs change.
Pay: $21 – $24 per hour
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Referral program
- Paid training
Job types: Full-time, Part-time
Education: High school degree
Work location: On-site
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.