Legacy Community Health
The Medical Assistant assists providers in all exams and minor office procedures; maintaining supply inventory in exam rooms; cleaning and sterilizing equipment; ordering and unpacking all supplies; giving injections and drawing blood.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height. Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Phone consultation with clients regarding test results & health concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Medical Assistant or certificate of Medical Assistant required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- List the Legacy locations of interest: Northline, North Irvington, Fifth Ward, Midtown Main, Santa Clara, Wellness Bar, Montrose, Branard, Third Ward, Maple Ridge, Southwest, Baker Ripley, Sharpstown Rookin, Deer Park, Baytown, Bissonnet, Stafford Fountains, Alief, Sugardale, Beaumont, Central Stagg
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.