NORTHEAST VALLEY HEALTH CORPORATION
Under the supervision of the licensed independent practitioner, the Medical Assistant (MA) The Medical Assistant will be the support for special project: Care in the Air. This special project requires the MA to be well versed with the Center for Disease Control & Prevention and Los Angeles County Public Health COVID-19 protocols. The central focus of Care in the Air is to promote and increase COVID-19 testing. The method for COVID-19 testing will be performed either by drive-thru and/or walk-up collection settings. The Medical Assistant cannot evaluate or synthesize data.
Reports to:Direct & Administrative: Site or Clinic Administrator and Professional/Technical: Director of Nursing Services
1. High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate, and completion of a State approved program for Medical Assistants.
2. While an entry level position, paid experience in a medical setting as a Medical Assistant is desirable, preferably in an ambulatory patient facility.
3. Completion of state approved training and certification (Calif. Business & Professional Code 2069, 2070; and Calif. Code of Regulations 1377, 1377.1) relating to the performance of injections, skin testing, and withdrawal of blood.
4. Display qualities of dependability and reliability be willing to accept a variety of tasks, and able to comprehend quickly and follow instructions accurately.
5. Be able to communicate tactfully and empathetically, with cultural sensitivity, with staff and patients. Fluently bilingual Spanish + English required, with excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated in both languages.
6. Write and print legibly.
7. Be well groomed and display mature behavior.
8. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
9. Must maintain a current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification, in compliance with corporate CPR Policy.
10. Must be willing and able to work a varied and flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of NEVHC and its patients.
11. Must maintain or exceed competency levels as established by corporate standards for clinical practice.
12. Must demonstrate through written and/or oral testing, the knowledge, and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served and has knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He or she can identify and categorize each patient age specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patients.
13. Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among members and staff.
14. Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate with others in a professional and caring manner including sensitivity with individuals from diverse cultures and lifestyles.
15. Demonstrated proficiency with the electronic health record database within three months of attending training session(s).
16. Fluency in English (speaks, read, and write).
17. Fluency in Spanish (speak, translate, read, and write) is required.
18. Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality about health care and other patient/client information.
19. Current CA Driver’s License, valid vehicle insurance, and an available vehicle needed.
MA I – Women’s Health – For positions assigned to clinical areas of Women’s Health Services, must:
a.Possess a minimum of 2080 hours (one full year) of previous paid experience in providing prenatal services, and
b.Pass the Basic Health Worker I written and oral examinations within six months of employment.
MA I – Family Medicine – For positions assigned to clinical areas of Family Medicine, must:
a.Demonstrate prior to ninety days of employment, the ability to prepare clinical equipment and supplies for, and perform sterilization procedures and process relating to equipment and supplies, including the operation of and quality controls on autoclaving equipment: in accordance with approved protocols.
Northeast Valley Health Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Northeast Valley Health Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.