Physical Therapy Office in need of a friendly, detail oriented, hardworking applicant who will be first point of contact for patients. Responsibilities include greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, taking payments, running reports, scheduling appointments, and providing general administrative support. Previous experience with EMR preferred but not essential.
- Welcoming patients and visitors, answering the telephone and answering any inquiries.
- Scheduling appointments and keep those appointments on time.
- Assisting patients with completing necessary forms and documentation.
- Keeping a clean and calm reception area.
- Processing billing and payments, using medical software
- Liaising with Medicare and private health funds
- Faxing, scanning, filing, and mailing documentation.
- Comforting distressed patients – this may range from simply fixing any appointment issues that may arise, through to being the voice of comfort during times of extreme stress and emergency.
- Equipment sterilization and cleaning.
- Monitoring and ordering stationery and clinical supplies.
- Booking and organizing staff and doctor meetings.
- Maintaining information confidentiality at all times.
- Liaising with other medical departments such as radiologists, medical specialists or psychologists with professionalism and discretion.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jackson Heights, NY 11372: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: One location