WXIA-TV, a TEGNA owned company, and the NBC affiliate in Atlanta, GA, has an immediate opening for an experienced, energetic Editor/Motion Graphics Artist. This position works closely with Executive Producers, Producers, the Creative Content Director and reporting staff in the newsroom. Candidate must possess excellent communication and organizational skills; must work well under pressure, within a team environment and have the ability to think outside-the-box when it comes to creating graphics, animations and editing.
- Edit news and feature stories, voiceovers, teases and other video elements for live shows and pre-taped specials as needed.
- Must have excellent design and animations skills. Candidate must have the ability to generate graphics for reporters, newscast for daily turns or pre-taped elements.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments when needed
- Experience in a local newsroom is a must
- Gather professional video and audio when necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments, capturing feeds and sending and receiving material to and from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
- ENG; Tune and take in live feeds and organize them for quick access.
- Perform other production duties as assigned.
- Must be team oriented, have a positive attitude, possess good computer skills and strong communication skills. Strong spelling and grammar skills
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Broadcast experience required
- Strong skills in Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator), After Effects, Cinema 4D (preferred)
- Non-liner editing experience; knowledge of Edius a plus
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to perform under very tight deadlines; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple needs simultaneously
- Able to react to change productively
- College degree with at least two years of newsroom experience
- Ability to determine good audio and picture quality; ability to edit with continuity and creativity on non-linear systems. Edius editing experience a plus
- Experience with Bit Central playback and archive system a plus
- Must be able to work a flexible shift, weekends, occasional overtime, and Holidays
- ENG experience a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.