National Youth Advocate Program
Who We Are:
National Youth Advocate Program has been serving communities and clients since 1978 and we continue to grow each year. Our growth allows us to expand and develop new and innovative programs to meet the ever-changing needs of those we serve. We offer unique and personalized services for families and individuals in four areas: Prevention/Intervention, Positive Youth Development, Out-of-Home-Placement and Reunification/Permanency.
We know you are compassionate and dedicated to serving your clients and communities and NYAP is dedicated to providing support to those who join our team! We look for individuals that are ready to make a direct impact and are excited to be an instrument in supporting the needs of our children, youth and families.
Working At NYAP
- NYAP’s commitment to doing what is best for children, youth and their families is a core value and one that we look for in our newest team members.
- Student Loan Repayment assistance, up to $1,200 per year!
- Time Off Based on Hours Worked up to 10 Days Off Each Year, Plus 10 Paid Holidays Per Year!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive salaries and benefits including a 401(k), Summer Hours Off (reduced work schedule), Tuition Assistance, and Work Anniversary Trips!
The Office Specialist works to ensure that the day to day operations of the office run smoothly. They are the eyes and ears of the building. Position is part-time working daytime hours 20-25/hrs. per week.
- Perform all work in a manner consistent with the National Youth Advocate Program’s mission, values, and philosophies.
- Perform office duties including filing, copying, typing, and answering phones.
- Take messages as needed.
- Distribute information to employees.
- Maintain clear and concise records in all areas.
- Submit maintenance requests for office machines as needed.
- Track office supplies and request orders.
- Greet and direct guests to appropriate areas.
- Maintain Excel and Word spreadsheets to help organize work.
- Maintain and organize training rooms, conference rooms and common areas.
- Complete payment requests as needed.
- Distribute incoming mail and maintain the postage machine
- Maintain daily training room schedules and ensure adequate supplies are ready for trainings/classes.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience and proficiency in the use of various office machines, including computers.
- Proficient use of desktop and laptop computers, smart phones and tablets, printers, fax machines and photocopiers as well as software including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Works well independently and as a team member
If this describes YOU, please apply today!
We are safely and successfully working out in the community and in-home settings.
Covid-19 Vaccination Note:
In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, NYAP Immunization policy and procedure requires all employees, contractors, interns, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation will be required. Except to the extent an individual is eligible for an exemption or the policy and procedure is not applicable by law. The State of IL has a separate mandate, more information click here. For additional information please contact Human Resources at 614-487-3888.
For More Information Click Here
The person in this position needs to follow a team concept and support both agency goals and co-workers. Employees must be able to effectively work with and be respectful and sensitive to persons from various cultures, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds.
Benefits listed are for eligible employees as outlined by our benefit policy
Our organization was established in Ohio and is now in 10 states. We continue to expand and develop new and innovative programs for our communities and families. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes major medical, dental, vision, 401K, student loan assistance and generous paid time off. If YOU can envision it; WE can DO it! The possibilities are endless!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.