Job ID: 2211476
Location: ARLINGTON , VA , US
Date Posted: 2022-08-01
Subcategory: Intel Analyst
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an Operations and Intelligence Analyst to work onsite with our Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Integrated Operations Division (IOD) Critical Infrastructure (CI) Watch. The customer site for this position is located in Arlington, VA.
Intelligence Watch Analyst – Watch Analysts (WA) are responsible for assigned tasks during their shift. WAs research, analyze, compose, edit and review CI Watch products; and perform initial triage of information on questions, issues, or events involving the nation’s physical Critical Infrastructure. WAs are responsible for monitoring unclassified and classified accounts, in accordance with their security clearance for infrastructure-related information, interfacing with sector representatives, responding to initial requests from the sectors or other parts of DHS, and performing initial research for infrastructure-related incidents or request for information from customers. They perform other tasks as needed in support of critical infrastructure response or recovery efforts.
Intelligence Watch Analyst provides operational research, oral, and written communication for CISA Central Watch and Warning Operations during steady state, incident management and support, and in support of special events to maintain and provide senior leadership with operational and situational awareness of the nation’s critical infrastructure. The watch personnel support includes but is not limited to the following:
- Monitor, collect, and evaluate open source information such as social media, network news, websites related to critical infrastructure, official sources for all hazards cyber and physical information that may impact critical infrastructure, incidents involving soft targets, crowded places, and terrorist attacks.
- De-conflict, organize and communicate information in written and verbal manner, which is clear, concise and efficient, to maintain a dynamic, comprehensive understanding of the current status of critical infrastructure as well as the cascading impacts of impacted critical infrastructure.
- Maintain relationships with interagency operations centers, the Sector Risk Management Agencies as identified in the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), Appendix B, and PPD 21, CISA organizational elements, and critical private sector partners, including Sector Coordinating Councils, Government Coordinating Councils, and private sector Information Sharing and Analysis Centers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of contact databases and provide documentation for all procedures and content management.
- Assist with the content management and maintenance of web-based information on the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) Critical Infrastructure (CI) portal.
- Generate reports or products as required and/or at the direction of the Federal CISA Duty Officer, Senior Duty, or Watch leadership.
- Conduct an efficient shift turnover, annotating all reporting completed/in-progress, incidents completed/in-progress, updated requirements, processes and instructions, as well as any other guidance provided by leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline such as Homeland Security or Business and 2 years of experience, or a combination of education and experience (Associate’s Degree with ten (10) years of relevant experience).
- Must have at minimum, an active TS/SCI security clearance with ability to obtain DHS fitness suitability.
- Must be able to work rotating shift. Shifts are the following:
- 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM EST
- 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST
- 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM EST
- Personnel must have a minimum of two (2) years of related experience with at least one (1) year of specialized operations center experience.
- Must have knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure, emergency management operations and background knowledge of one (1) or more critical infrastructure sectors.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Travel may be required.
- Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
- Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially CISA.
- 1-2 years of government level analytical writing experience.
- Broad expertise in research, analysis, and writing skills and be able to perform triage on questions, issues, or events involving the nation’s Critical Infrastructures and Key Resources.
- Experience/expertise in one or more critical infrastructure sectors (as defined by HSPD-7 and the NIPP) and/or emergency management.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.