VCA Animal Hospitals
About The Opportunity
The Camp Manager is responsible for overseeing daily operations, leading and mentoring a team of employees, maintaining safe environment, and providing the best customer experience to our Campers and Pet Parents.
- Oversee operations: manage budgets, labor costs, inventory, customer reservations, day-to-day operations, and the overall productivity of the business
- Manage employees: oversee hiring, employee scheduling, performance, growth, training, and development
- Various administrative duties: process employee payroll, daily cash reconciliation reports, monitor customer transactions, etc
- Maintain a safe environment: oversee Camper health and behavior, customer communication, and facility upkeep
- Uphold Camp policies & procedures
- Oversee client satisfaction, retention and provide excellent customer experiences
- Communicate effectively and work in a team environment
A Strong Candidate Will Have
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- 2+ years management experience
- 2+ years customer service or relationship management experience
- Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Are proactive in anticipating issues that may arise as it pertains to the operations and logistics of camp and can successfully problem solve
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to be comfortable with change and with working in an environment that requires one to handle multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to be flexible with schedule
- A genuine love and passion for dogs
- Ability to lift or carry 40+ lbs.
- Ability to push or pull up to 40+ lbs.
- Ability to reach overhead
- Ability to reach at or below shoulder level
- Ability to control and withstand resistance from dogs of all sizes on leash
- Ability to walk or stand for extended hours daily
- Ability to squat and kneel
- Ability to see, hear, and communicate verbally
We believe that everyone is capable of great things. Because of this, we encourage you to apply even if you do not have 100% of the qualifications listed above.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range:
- $50,000 to $60,000 annually + quarterly bonus incentives
- Job Type:
- Full-Time (40-45 hours per week)
- Our employees get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Bring your dog to work with you!
- 6 paid holidays
- FREE vaccinations and discounted exam fees at VCA home hospitals
- Employee discount at Camp Bow Wow
- Discounts through various partner and affiliate programs Certification in Pet First Aid & CPR
- FREE health resources
- Paid time off (up to 40hrs within first year; up to 80hrs after first year)
- Medical, dental and vision plans following 30 days employment
- 401K Retirement Plan eligibility through Fidelity following 60 days employment
- Paid parental leave
- Employer-paid Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
Camp Bow Wow® is North America’s largest pet care franchise and is a subsidiary of VCA, Inc, North America’s leading network of veterinary hospitals, specialty medicine, and post-graduate training. Camp Bow Wow has ranked in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 list for 10 consecutive years and was named to Denver Business Journal’s Top Workplaces in 2020. For over 20 years, we’ve proudly offered dogs a safe place to play while simultaneously providing socialization, exercise, and TLC from Certified Camp Counselors®. With over 200 locations, dogs visit a Camp Bow Wow more than 4.7 million times a year where they enjoy our premier doggy day care, boarding, grooming and training services. Join our “Houndquarters” team in Westminster, Colorado and be a part of creating a better world for pets while achieving our mission of Making Dogs Happy!
We are also committed to giving back to the communities we serve by helping sick and injured dogs in need through our Bow Wow Buddies Foundation®! Learn more about our charitable efforts by visiting www.bowwowbuddies.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Camp Bow Wow® is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Contact & Connect
Have a question? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us via email at [email protected]
We’d also love to connect with you – check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.