Southern Dental Alliance
Purpose and summary of role
The Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator will spend time with patients seeking Orthodontic care and answer questions related to planned treatment and corresponding fees. This person is responsible for making sure that all patients leave well informed, with all of their questions answered about treatment and/or related insurance coverage and the patients share of out of pocket fees. The Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator will ensure that patients receive a great experience and understand fully the treatment diagnosed by the Orthodontist and the associated fees. Depending on the size and the needs of a particular office, the Treatment Coordinator will perform a variety of responsibilities and be cross-trained in all or most areas of the dental office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and desk top publishing
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and relationship skills
- Must pass criminal background check
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bilingual is preferred but not required
- Use of dental/orthodontic/medical technology.
- Ability to connect with patients.
- Driven and works with a sense of urgency.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
- Professional, courteous and approachable demeanor.
- Experience working in a professional dental environment with direct customer service is desired for at least three (3) years.
- X-ray certification may be required and can be obtained through the Company.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Current CPR certification.
- Employee must submit to a post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check. ?
- Employee may be required to submit to an annual Tuberculosis (TB) and Rubella screening.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Educate patients on oral healthcare of braces and their appliances.
- Presenting Orthodontic treatment plans and giving estimates of treatment costs in an effective manner.
- Explain, promote and adhere to company payment policies and procedures.
- Obtain high treatment acceptance, by explaining cost of treatment, insurance coverage and finance options.
- Solicit referrals from patients pre/post treatment while at the same time tracking satisfaction with work provided.
- Working open recall reports.
- Perform introductory phone calls for potential new patients and follow up phone calls from existing patients.
- Take diagnostic x-rays and display those according to the type of procedure or appointment scheduled.
- Chart and document all notes pertaining to the patient during the exam and treatment set forth by the Company guidelines.
- Review the patient’s chart, medical history, HIPAA, treatment plan, contracts, consent and compromise forms prior to and throughout treatment, and identify and potential concerns for you and the Doctor to consider.
- Review and understand the patient’s insurance benefits.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensure any release of patient information is done according to the Company guidelines.
- Be compliant with state and federal OSHA laws, infection control, safety standards in the dental office and operatory, including but not limited to: wearing personal protective (PPE) barriers such as gloves, scrubs, masks and eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing instruments and treatment areas; and disposing properly of any contaminated or bio-hazardous waste/materials.
- Learn and comply with MH Orthodontics administrative procedures and follow policies listed in the employee manual to ensure consistent standards.
- Attend and participate in all office meetings, continuing education events and morning huddles.
- Understand how to work effectively within the office, partnering with the Office Manager, Orthodontic Team Lead, Orthodontic Front Desk Coordinator, Doctor(s), and other staff to maintain consistency and integrity within the Company.
- Contact patients/guarantors the day prior or the day of the appointment regarding fees due and confirmation of the appointment.
- Assist Office Manager as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Stress Management/Composure
- Planning and Organization
- Time Management/Promptness
- Teamwork Orientation
- People Orientated
This job operates in a medical/clinical environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and hear; stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to blood and blood-borne pathogens and/or physical risks, which will require OSHA training.
Position Type and Expectations of Work Hours
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 30-45 hours a week.
Some travel to various practices may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.