COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
FreshDirect, in compliance with New York City law, is requiring that all employees working in any of our New York City locations be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are approved for a medical or religious accommodation. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide supporting documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment will be terminated.
_ As of February 9th, you are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status no later than your first day of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in you being placed on an unpaid leave of absence and potential termination of employment from FreshDirect._
The Supervisor of Outbound Operations is responsible for overseeing and supervising the day to day activities in the Outbound Ops department, ensuring the highest-level quality of service provided by ou
- Directs, coordinates, and manages all aspects of the daily order outbound operations in food safety, quality control and process as well as parts of pallet movement and truck unloading and resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Drive productivity completion rates and actions to successful conclusion daily
- Manage daily staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by department (where necessary).
- Resolve employee concerns and will partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Identify, interview and train talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions and execute matrixes and standards of continued excellence.
- Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance and FD’s policies.
- Guide, Direct and Motivate staff around performance management and labor planning.
- Working with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes, and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PITO equipment and report all issues immediately.
- Support and participate various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
- Maintain clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Two (2) – four (4) years of Management
- Must be willing and able to work in a refrigerated (38 degrees) and freezer environment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and / or Holidays and be able to keep a flexible schedule during high volume production periods
- Associates degree preferred. HS diploma required.
- Previous knowledge or experience with WMS and SAP.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop a successful team
- Must be resourceful and exercise strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to assist in recruitment, interviewing and training of new Associates
- Manufacturing, production, sanitation, food safety knowledge, HACCP, GMP, and OSHA a plus
- English Required – Bilingual a plus (English and Spanish)
- Experienced in food, perishables, and / or short shelf-life a plus
Who is FreshDirect:
FreshDirect is the northeast’s leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City, Philadelphia, and District of Columbia metropolitan areas. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. FreshDirect is proud to have joined the multi-national grocery and technology organization, Ahold Delhaize, at the beginning of 2021. This acquisition will fuel FreshDirect’s growth as a leading eCommerce grocer in the United States.
From the beginning, FreshDirect has set out to provide something different. We are a community partner with a mission to deliver the highest quality and service that customers can find. This is an environment in which associates can innovate, grow and have successful careers—most of our leaders have come up through our ranks. And thanks to our team’s extraordinary efforts, we are a leading innovator in the e-commerce and grocery industries.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We’re a company that thrives on teamwork. Our evolution is driven by our passionate employees and investment in perfecting the technology that lets us deliver the highest-quality food. Our state-of-the-art facility creates an environment for innovation. We support our employees with on-the-job training for plant employees and drivers, team-building activities, workplace recognition opportunities, and by encouraging direct relationships with our suppliers in the field.
Great people deserve great perks. We offer comprehensive benefits, plus many workplace extras, including:
- A flexible and generous paid time off plan
- 20% off at freshdirect.com and significant markdowns at our employee market
- 24-hour access to the FreshDirect shuttle between our Bronx headquarters and the subway
- Regular events and barbecues for employees
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because they are disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided they are qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,166.26 – $79,015.21 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Each FreshDirect employee is provided with masks and other Personal Protective Equipment per CDC guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bronx, NY 10454: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.