Do-Rite Donuts - Wrigleyville
Generous pay offered for experience!
Do-Rite Donuts & Chicken is a Chef-owned stop in Chicago known for hand-crafted artisan donuts, tasty chicken sandwiches, and scrambled-to-order breakfast sandwiches. We proudly serve eye-opening Dark Matter Coffee, which is ethically sourced and Chicago roasted.
The culinary mantra at Do-Rite is focused on 3 points: made in-house, small batch, and FRESH. ALL. DAY.
We believe in people. We believe in treating our guests and staff well.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Pastry Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of baked goods, pastries and/or desserts.
- Prepare baked goods according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Assist Chef in overseeing the bread and/or pastry inventory and communicating needs to ordering manager
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare ingredients needed for bread, pastry and/or dessert recipes as needed
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to Management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the station
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.