The role of Residential Supervisor is to oversee their assigned Residential houses and to ensure that the Newport Program runs smoothly from a day to day basis. The Residential Supervisor works directly with the Care Coordinator Staff of their house offering direction, support and feedback. The Residential Supervisor also acts a liaison to the Clinical Team as well as all the other group facilitators, sharing information and direct plans with the Care Coordinator’s to offer the most up to date and individualized treatment for our Residents. The Residential Supervisor duties are designed to create the safest, most comfortable and caring environment possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shooting scheduling issues and needs to present to Residential Manager.
- Delegating responsibilities and duties from shift to shift.
- Choosing and training shift leads for each shift.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the shift leads to monitor progress and work on areas of improvement.
- Conduct weekly individual supervision with Lead Care Coordinator.
- Conduct monthly POD meetings to monitor progress and work on areas of improvement.
- Interview and select new employees in conjunction with Residential Manager.
- Provide training from the Newport module for all new direct care staff and review as needed with all employees.
- Conduct performance evaluations of Care Coordinators and Lead Care Coordinators.
- Communicate with the Clinical team and bring any information/plans to my direct care staff each day.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team meetings and give feedback pertaining to Residents and send weekly Action Plans.
- Work directly with Clinical Staff regarding daily scheduling issues and specific treatment plans for Residents.
- Schedule and facilitate special activities for Residents to be present at closing circles, make client birthdays special, develop weekend agendas.
- Available to work the floor and deal with any difficult situations that arise daily and support staff.
- Communicate with parents around logistical issues and concerns.
- Be available to cover groups when needed.
- Facilitate weekly community meetings.
- Facilitate groups as needed.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with families .
- Make initial call to families and provide nightly email updates about Resident during the first 72 hours and document in Sigmund .
- Oversee and facilitate family days.
- Manage AWOL and non-clinical program emergencies during on call rotation.
- Oversee all new resident intakes and consents for your POD.
- Ensure safety in the community.
The Residential Supervisor will either be working towards a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in human services, counseling, psychology or social work or state approved credential or a minimum of one year of experience working with adolescents and families with co-occurring disorders.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.