For over 80 years, Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton and Romano, LLP. has been defending the rights of New Yorkers. Our attorneys help hard-working people get the compensation they rightfully deserve. With 12 offices throughout the five boroughs, Long Island and Upstate New York, our firm serves clients in need legal representation for Worker’s Compensation, Social Security Disability, Civil Service Disability Pensions, and Personal Injury claims.
We are currently seeking an experienced Paralegal to join our highly productive Workers Compensation practice. This position involves daily and constant work helping attorneys keep their cases well-organized and moving. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a high standard of ethics and strong communication skills.
- Conducting claimant interviews for new cases;
- Open new files, gather and analyze intake information and relevant documents;
- Heavy call volume which includes extensive contact with clients, attorneys, insurance adjusters, and medical providers; In person client appointments;
- Case Management and File Reviews for preparation of upcoming hearings and settlements;
- Read, interpret and follow up on medical reports;
- Contact with insurance carriers for payments, medical treatment issues;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively shows empathy to claimants who are dealing with difficult circumstances.
- Upbeat with a can-do attitude; must be able to work independently and have a desire to assume significant responsibility
- Understanding of legal language and principles, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Fluent in Spanish
As part of a performance-based culture, you will work alongside a team of engaged like-minded compassionate professionals. Essentially, you would support a collegian team of legal experts, dedicated to fighting hard and winning big for our clients.
If you strive for excellence and are ready to hit the ground running with one of NYC’s top-rated law firms, submit a cover letter and your resume for immediate consideration.
Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano LLP provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Plains, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Paralegals & Legal Assistants: 1 year (Preferred)
- Workers Compensation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.