Tides Advocacy is a team of political, legal, and financial experts that identify, connect, and fuel movements for social justice and the health of our democracy. We leverage our 25 year progressive network, navigate the rules, and solve problems in order to make advocacy.
Tides Advocacy has over 85 partners who represent activists, donors, movement leaders, lawyers, researchers, and journalists who are promoting equity, justice, and dignity for all. They are engaged in ballot, electoral, and legislative campaigns as well as public education and charitable activities.
From funder advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides Advocacy gives members of the nonprofit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change they want to see. For more information, please visit
The Partnerships Specialist is the primary contact for partners entering and exiting Tides Advocacy’s fiscal sponsorship and philanthropic services. They play a key role in delivering exceptional partner service by ensuring an accurate and timely execution of all agreements, including, the new partner’s transfer documents, contracts, leases, and grants. The Partnerships Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring intake information is captured in our systems..
The Partnerships Specialist will also facilitate the annual review process for partners to ensure that both the partner and Tides Advocacy are successfully working together and able to accelerate the pace of social change together.
This is an exempt position which can be based in the New York and San Francisco office, or fully remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate annual partner assessment process to evaluate and recommend ways to improve process and optimize partnerships
In collaboration with the Chief Strategy Officer, identify training and learning opportunities for partners
* Collaborate with Tides Network shared partner specialist to ensure alignment on the execution of shared partner operations
Partner Onboarding and Offboarding
- In partnership with the department leads, facilitate a comprehensive partner intake and onboarding process
* Ensure accurate and timely transition of all agreements and data entry/management of critical documentation in Salesforce
* Coordinate with Tides Network Strategic Partnerships team on shared partner applications to ensure consistent and aligned expectations of new partner onboarding
* Manage fund partners who are transferring into Tides Advocacy as new partners
Educate new Tides Advocacy staff on partner intake and onboarding processes and management and client service skills
* Facilitate partner offboarding process in collaboration with the service team and the existing partners
* Project manage tasks and decisions of each phase related to partner offboarding including review, audit and approvals
* Schedule and lead meetings throughout the offboarding process for exiting partners and Tides Advocacy service team
* Ensure accurate, up-to-date, and timely offboarding records in Salesforce
* Perform ongoing status checks with Tides and Tides Advocacy service team, and partner, on the progress of offboarding action items to ensure continued progress toward completion by end date
* Provide support to partners and service team members throughout the entirety of the offboarding process
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In partnership with business operations, service team and Chief Strategy officer, develop system to manage partner experience performance indicators, track outcomes and implement process improvements
Contribute to ongoing review and refinement of policies and procedures.
Assist with data integrity in maintenance of team and partner information stored across various systems, and queue management in all databases for compliance, risk management, and accuracy.
Implement and manage post exit evaluation process for internal team and for partner
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience.
3+ years of similar work in client experience management, project management, operations, and/or process improvement
Experience in fiscal sponsorship, 501c4/ or hybrid organizations is a plus
prior experience navigating organizational change and transitions preferable
Ability to be highly collaborative and work with a variety of staff to problem solve, manage and complete projects, and troubleshoot general inquiries
High attention to detail with strong organizational skills, the ability to balance workload under deadlines and with multiple priorities
Critical thinking skills and ability to learn current processes with vision to make them more efficient and streamlined
Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders and strive for a high level of partner satisfaction.
Superb communication skills (verbal/written); Able to present accurate and appropriate information, lead meetings using strong facilitation skills, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
Able and willing to perform administrative tasks, but also work independently on self-directed projects
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. To apply, complete the application requirements.
letters are not required, however if you would like to submit one, add the file to the Attach Documents section at the end of the online application
No phone calls please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Job Type: Full-time