Texas Disposal Systems
The Parts Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the department, works with the department manager to insure the timely delivery of parts, supports the Parts staff with technical assistance and manages the department’s inventory. This position also requests vendor quotes, reconciles invoices and charges requested parts to the appropriate repair orders.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when and where necessary.
- Enforce compliance with purchasing policies, including standard operating procedures.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to insure the timely delivery of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Assist with hiring, training, motivating and monitoring the performance of all parts department staff.
- Provide technical assistance to Parts Department employees.
- Work with the Parts Manager to forecast goals and objectives for the parts department.
- Manage and adjust inventory minimums/maximums and reorder levels as necessary to maintain proper inventory levels, reduce variances, avoid stock outs and minimize obsolescence.
- Complete daily and weekly cycle counts, as well as annual physical inventories.
- Request vendor quotes to ensure we receive the best pricing.
- Reconcile invoices to verify the quality and quantity of merchandise received.
- Enter receipts and distribution of parts and supplies in the database.
- Issue requested parts to mechanics and assist with parts choices.
- Charge parts to repair orders.
- Ensure all parts are stocked and stored in assigned locations by end of shift.
- Perform general housekeeping daily in the parts room and receiving area, including cleaning desk areas, sweeping, dusting, picking up and putting away items, stocking/restocking, etc..
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and other support equipment as needed.
- Maintain open communication within the Parts Department as well as with all other departments.
- Enforce quality and safety compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- At least two years of experience working with class 8 truck and industrial equipment parts
- At least two years of experience purchasing inventory
- Advanced working knowledge of maintenance planning and inventory control
- Understanding of and ability to control costs through vendor selection
- Experience with setting minimums and maximums on stocked supplies
- Proficiency with maintenance management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – i.e. Word, Excel
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Data entry skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to be certified on forklift operation
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Broad knowledge of the waste, composting, hauling, recycling, manufacturing and excavation industry equipment and vehicles
- Diesel mechanic background
- P1 and/or P2 Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
REQUIRED LICENSES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.