Encompass Energy Services
Responsible for assigned field surveying activities, including scheduling and supervising instrument operators or rod persons in the crew. Works closely with the Survey Coordinator/Supervisor to plan the work and the methods to be used.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees
- Coordinate with contractors to provide survey services
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey
- Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members
- Discuss work with clients, as necessary
- Make calculations and maintain records essential to survey
- Ensure that assigned survey truck is properly maintained
- Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment
- Respond appropriately to all employee performance issues of assigned survey field crew
- Communicate with management to maximize efforts and man-hours
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED – Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Courses in mathematics and surveying
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience working on a land surveying party
- Prior Party Chief experience in the land development industry is a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D preferred
- Through knowledge of residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices
- Familiar with field procedures for performing boundary and ALTA/NSPS land title surveys
- Ability to perform all aspects of data collected field fun topographic surveys, road frontage cross-section surveys and as-built surveys
- Through knowledge of total station, GPS and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies
- Ability to work outside in all seasons
- Must be willing to travel
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
*Background checks may be required to work on certain projects*
Encompass Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This position requires that you are eligible to work in the United States. Encompass Services, LLC will not sponsor visa applications for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.