The Patient Service Representative greets and checks in patients at the front desk for their appointments. The PSR ensures all information is received before each visit and helps with follow up appointments at the end of their visit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greets patients with a smile
- Gathers and/or verifies all patient demographic information
- Collects and posts copays at time of check in; posts into computer system
- Enters all patient demographics into the computer system; makes a copy of the patient’s insurance card, front and back
- Puts up chart for clinical group as patient checks in
- Monitors schedule; alerts patients of any delays
- Gathers referral information from all new patients clips to chart, and ensures the referral number has been entered into the computer system
- Works with central scheduling staff to ensure that all patients are properly and efficiently scheduled for new and follow-up appointments
- Prospectively informs all new and established patients about the practice s payment at the time-of-service policy, and ensures they understand they are to arrive with their referral form, x-rays, etc.
- Informs patients of the practice’s collection at the time-of-service policy
- Informs new patients about the practice’s Web site; encourages them to visit, register online, and print a map with directions to the practice
- Makes appointment reminder phone calls to all patients 48 hours prior to their scheduled appointments
- Schedules follow-up appointments for patients seen in the office
- Answers and routes all incoming telephone calls
- Routes all referring doctor calls regarding patients to the clinical staff acting as triage
- Routes all personal doctor calls to doctor
- Takes messages only when unable to appropriately transfer the call
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Attends all regular staff meetings
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Manager
Typical Physical Demands:
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Conditions:
Busy, fast-paced office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
The office can be loud and with lots of activity. May require some travel to Livingston, NJ location.
Hours may vary based on business needs*
Associate s or bachelor s degree preferred but not required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills with staff, ancillary personnel, and physicians
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with others in a diverse environment.
- Ability to prioritize workflow in a fast-paced environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is an
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.