- Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
- Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
- Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Making adjustments in pay for raises, bonuses and commission
- Onboarding and offboarding employees in payroll and administrative databases
- Preparing and processing paychecks
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred
- Knowledge of different types of payroll systems including PEO’s
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Payroll management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.