Memorial Hermann Health System
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Assists with delegated direct and indirect patient care tasks, under the direction and supervision of a licensed clinician.
Education: High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Certified in Basic Life Support or Heartsaver CPR with AED within 90 days of employment and
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Health, preferred.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Six (6) months patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting; or
- No experience if Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Health or
- In the Emergency Department only, no experience if graduate from EMT (Basic or Intermediate Level) or Paramedic Program.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction and communicate clearly and effectively with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures, including working knowledge of basic medical terminology and computer skills.
- Efficiency in multi-tasking and ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.