Gulf Coast Center
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? Gulf Coast Center (GCC) recruits people who are committed to compassionate, person-centered service.
Join our team today!
GULF COAST CENTER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Alvin, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working Status: Full Time with Benefits
$13.50 – $15.30/hour without certification; $14.50 – $16.45/hour with certification
Peer Support Specialists are people who have been successful in the recovery and/or housing stability process and help others experiencing similar situations. Through shared understanding, respect, and mutual empowerment, peer support specialists help people become and stay engaged in the recovery and/or housing stability process and reduce the likelihood of relapse/housing instability. Peer support services can effectively extend the reach of treatment beyond the clinical setting into the everyday environment of those seeking a successful, sustained recovery process. They advocate for people in recovery and/or housing stability by sharing resources and building skills, building community and relationships, leading groups, and mentoring and setting goals throughout a person’s recovery.
- Conduct outreach services and engagement with homeless individuals to determine PATH & PSH eligibility.
- Assist case managers in assessment and intake for mental health connection and Coordinated Entry. Provide referrals to community resources and alternative programs if the applicant is not eligible for internal programs and provide resources as necessary.
- Maintain contact and document interactions with all PATH & PSH program participants on an ongoing basis.
- Provide linkage and support to program participants as they pursue mental health services.
- Assist program eligible participants in gathering the documentation necessary and compiling social security applications in accordance with the SOAR initiative.
- Provide assistance to locate mainstream and community resources in obtaining benefits, birth certificates, social security cards, and other important documents necessary for housing and supportive services.
- Assist in efforts to connect to mental health services and supportive services for PATH & PSH program participants by utilizing existing resources within the county.
- Collect data for HMIS to provide information regarding homeless persons and outcomes of program services.
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require communication with various departments to foster, develop and continue our community partnerships as it relates to the position.
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency, and respect.
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities, and advocacy groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide the highest level of Customer Service for both internal and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal requirements set forth in GCC’s Business Code of Conduct as well as the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center’s Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and expectations.
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston Counties.
- Out-of-region travel may be required to attend training.
- Must maintain a clean driving record and driver’s license in accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver’s License, reliable transportation and must maintain current auto liability insurance.
- High School Diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science or related field.
- Current and valid peer specialist certification, or currently working to obtain certification.
- Experience in living outdoors or in shelters and in recovery from mental illness or mental illness and substance use disorder.
- Experience in community-based mental health programs or outreach programs.
- Must have experience in personal recovery from substance abuse disorders for a minimum of 2 years.
Must apply directly at:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.