Brooklyn, New York
Rotating (United States of America)
Physician Assistant – Cardiothoracic Surgery (CTICU) – Brooklyn Campus
New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital has been providing outstanding medical care to the surrounding community for over 135 years. Join our Physician Assistant practice as a cohesive team to ensure the care and caring of our patients and their families. As highly skilled clinicians and respected colleagues, PAs proudly advance this standard of excellence. PAs are highly respected collaborators, working as a part of a cohesive team to ensure the care and caring of our patients and their families while being committed to our culture of Putting Patients First.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital was recognized by IBM Watson Health™ as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals™ in the United States for inpatient cardiovascular services. Our cardiothoracic surgeons are affiliated with the prestigious Weill Cornell Medicine. They are recognized leaders in the field of cardiothoracic surgery and include PAs in the performance of an expansive range of cardiac procedures including coronary artery bypass grafting, valve repair and replacement (including TAVR), aneurysm repairs, arrhythmia ablation, and even ECMO.
The cardiothoracic surgery department seeks a full-time PA for coverage in the cardiothoracic intensive care unit (CTICU). The CTICU PAs work with a significant amount of autonomy managing post-operative and critically ill cardiothoracic surgery patients, including ECMO, mechanical ventilation, vasopressor support, and cardiac monitoring. With continued training and competency, there are future options for first-assisting in the OR. This is a full-time position rotating days, nights, and includes covering up to two weekends per month.
- Strong general surgical, ICU, or cardiothoracic surgery experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Physician Assistant related studies
- NYS PA Licensure
- Current NCCPA Certification
- NYS Infection Control certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, “America’s Best Hospitals 2021-2022.” – U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 “Employees’ Choice Awards: Best Places to Work” – Glassdoor
- 2021 ” Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma” – Fortune
- 2020 “America’s Best Employers in New York State” – Forbes
- 2020 “Working Mother 100 Best Companies” – Working Mother
- 2020 “Best Companies for Multicultural Women” – Working Mother
- 2020 “Best Workplace for Men in Nursing” – American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we’re #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.