Memorial Hermann Health System
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
To provide medical expertise and oversight of care that is being provided through the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. The physician is expected to exercise the highest level of expertise in order to optimize quality of care.
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Medicine.
- Current state medical license, current Federal Drug Enforcement Agency license, state controlled substance license and staff privileges at all the hospitals for which coverage is being provided.
- Board certified or Board eligible
- Basic Cardiac Life Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Certification
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exhibits teamwork skills that facilitate interchange between multidisciplinary health care workers in order to provide quality patient care/outcomes.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Is articulate and an active listener.
- Addresses issues/concerns with the Memorial Hermann Healthcare System in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Attend and actively participate in hospital multidisciplinary rounds on all patients which the hospitalist service is the primary service and when appropriate or requested when the hospitalist service is in the co-management or consultative role
- Cover Code Blue and Rapid Responses in accordance with the campus code committee’s recommendations
- Provide admission services for the Emergency Department, incoming transfer patients, and direct or emergent admissions in accordance with the hospital on call schedule and patient assignment guidelines
- Provide co-management services for subspecialty services when such services are within the scope and designation of privileges for the hospitalist Provider
- Provide consultative services for members of the Medical Staff when such services are within the scope and designation of privileges for the hospitalist Provider
- Accept transfers of care from other clinical service lines if the patient is deemed appropriate for the hospitalist service provided there is a physician to physician hand off communication related to the patient’s clinical course and the hospitalist attending accepts the patient in transfer
- Provide transfer center call for incoming non-critical care medical patients in accordance with the hospital’s on call schedule
- Provide timely evaluation of patients admitted to the hospital in accordance Medical Executive Committee bylaws
- Abide and conform to Hospital tenants, guidelines, and bylaws
- Provide physician to physician sign out for patients who are transitioning to post-acute facilities
- Provide internal sign out at transitions of care consistent with standards of care
- Provide 72 hours of narcotic prescriptions for patients transitioning to skilled nursing facilities if clinically appropriate;
- Participate in nursing and staff education when solicited by CNO, CMO, or COO
- Respond to clinical queries in a timely fashion
- Document History and Physicals within 12 hours
- Document Discharge Summaries within 48 hours of discharge order;
- Maintain current understanding of the regulatory environment related to status and status patients consistent with national guidelines
- Provide post discharge coverage for appropriate home health orders for up to 2 weeks or until they have seen their primary care physicians
- Encourage in network utilization of resources for continuity of care unless specified by the patient or expertise is not available in the system
- Respond in a timely manner to pages and call back from nursing staff unless doing so would impact patient safety or experience
- In case of emergencies or disaster provide additional coverage per campus protocol
- Participate in continuing education activities to maintain or enhance knowledge and skills;
- Maintain ACLS certification
- Directs patient care throughout the health care system via Consult Orders.
- Provides consultation services in collaboration with attending or primary care provider.
- Communicates with the attending physician, nurse, family, and other treatment team members when appropriate, in order to obtain the appropriate patient care plan.
- Effectively communicates with treatment team in a timely and professional manner to provide quality psychiatric care to patients throughout the healthcare system.
- Complies with best practices and other care directives.
- Follows Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Works with Memorial Hermann Physicians, Risk Managers, and Case Managers towards resolution of clinical, administrative or technical problems.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to MH compliance privacy policies.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employee Signature:________________________________________ Date:_________________
Manager Signature:_________________________________________ Date:_________________
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served by this position are circled:
| Neonate | Infant | Pediatric | Adolescent | Adult | Adult/Geriatric |
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.