Memorial Hermann Health System
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for supervising all day-to-day practice operations of The Woodlands Gastroenterology practice including but not limited to the administrative and clinical staffing, patient appointment scheduling, time of service collections activity, payment and claims filing accuracy/posting.
Education: Bachelors degree preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years in related healthcare experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge in the eight (8) domains of medical practice management: business operations, financial management, human resource management, information management, organizational governance, patient care systems, risk management and quality management
- Strong direct performance management, tact and financial acumen preferred
- Basic knowledge of CLIA, HIPAA, NCQA, and OSHA medical office regulations
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to patient, provider, and employee satisfaction
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Promotes the treatment of patients through efficient scheduling, clinical care and flow, collections processes, and outstanding customer service.
- Assists with planning, development, and direction of capital expenditures, business objectives, departmental goals, and special projects.
- Leads in the preparation of departmental compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assigns work and manages the activities of practice personnel. Trains, monitors and evaluates staff as necessary.
- Understands the fundamental importance of customer service and develops processes and culture that support excellent customer service, the adherence to regulatory standards and the achievement of business objectives.
- Supports the instruction of educational programs that promote staff competency.
- Monitors quality improvement efforts and makes recommendations for change as necessary.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.