We are currently looking for a Plant Manager to lead our Precision Metal Products team. The ideal candidate needs to be highly motivated, results oriented, driven individual responsible for general supervision of all phases of the El Cajon, CA plant operations, annual budget planning and execution, capital improvements, facility/physical plant up-keep, providing a safe working environment. Support product sales and marketing plan. Works closely with team members to improve productivity and profitability with attention to safeguard quality and customer satisfaction.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for day-to-day operation of facility
- Lead and support a culture of continuous improvement through employee engagement
Review production schedules, monitors scrap rates to find areas for improvement
- Monitors expenses, researches approaches for the reduction of costs while improving the overall workflow, safety, workforce requirements, supply flow, etc
- Maintain quality and timely shipments to customers
- Work with vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of supplies to maintain production schedules
- Encourage and promote improved efficiencies and enhance productivity
- Ability to manage conflicting interests of business partners
- Active listening and strong decision-making skills
- Communicate business and plant updates to all employees through a regular cadence
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Operations/Business or related field
- 5 – 10 years progressive experience in industrial manufacturing
- Aerospace & Defense End Market Product experience required
- Forging, Metallurgy, Machined Engineered Product Expertise Preferred
- Comprehensive experience leading and implementing Lean / Continuous Improvement Processes and Business Systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance, and engineering.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, organize, plan, and make decisions
- Ability to lead and work with teams
HBD Industries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.